Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Devlog: Stucconan Island

A topic by Electogenius created Jan 16, 2022 Views: 184 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
(1 edit) (+2)

Hello, humans. I’ve made a devlog because I’ve been asked to do so. This is my second game jam, after one of the mini jams. I am going to use ct.js for this because it’s absolutely amazing and because I’m quite new to it.

Anyways my goal is to make a game about being stranded on an island for yet unspecified reasons. Your job is to survive until you can escape the island by collecting resources from different locations and communicating with the rather hostile local tribe.

I feel like a lot of people have already had this idea but I’m too scared to look it up.

Not much progress so far, made the splash screen thingy.

Art style is going to be disgusting btw.

Edit: it’s going to be a 2D game, from the sides like a platformer.

Host(+1)

Honestly it's not a bad thing if other people have had the idea--if anything this might help you get some reference and ideas and figure out how you can make your idea entirely yours! Can't wait to see more of this--maybe you can share your splash screen?

(1 edit)

Thanks, Okay then: screenshot of splash screen

Assets don’t look very good, I have to change them but I feel like I won’t have enough time.

Edit: oops forgot to reply to your post

(1 edit)

HMMM

After losing significant progress TWICE I officially am going to scrap everything I have made in Ct.js and start from scratch using kaboom.js (kaboom is a javascript library, not an editor) (Ct.js does not have an autosave).

Edit: I have used kaboom.js but I have forgotten most of everything I know so uhh, eh.

(+1)

After numerous hours I have successfully finished the start screen and some of the foundation for the rest of the game like platforms (invisible platforms, their locations indicated in the background of the level)

Also the mouse movement is now smooth and not like you’d expect in a pixelated game.

Well this is going to be hard.

I still have not figured out the story as well.