Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Dearly Bewitched (VN)

A topic by BlueberryBlanket created Jan 09, 2021 Views: 527 Replies: 20
Viewing posts 1 to 15
Submitted (1 edit) (+9)

Hi, all! Hope everyone is enjoying their jam so far! I've had an idea for a VN rattling around for forever, so decided to sit down and actually get it out there. Can't wait to see what happens!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was all about writing, concept art, and getting my premise set. I've got the rough draft for the main path, as well as one route half-way written. The current plan is 9 different endings with 3 different routes (orz) but if I keep at this pace, I think I can manage it! 

I also did the concept art for the main cast, designs aren't final but they're a rough idea.

(The cat is the most important, obviously).

Framework for the point system I'm using is also done, so hopefully things keep progressing this smoothly! Last thing done today is the logo. Good luck everyone!

(+1)

Damm the art is really really good especially the cat (cat jokes aside) the art looks great!

Wonder how it will interact with the game

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

Phew, another long day on the books! Today, I finished writing of one of the routes, including all three endings associated with it. It's really nice seeing it all written out like that! Since I'm happy with the way the writing is going, here's a little blurb for the story:

"I always said my food was magical, but I didn't mean it literally!!!"
Dahlia was fine living her quiet life running her bakery, but now a witch has whisked her off, saying she has to join a witch coven! Can Dahlia's sweet creations fool these witches long enough to convince them she's a witch too, or will these dysfunctional spellcasters be the end of her? With the power of good food, help bring the witches together and solve their problems, or let poor Dahlia get turned into a toad!"

I also worked on the GUI today. Here are some screenshots!

Here's the main menu:Still needs a background image.

Look at all those settings!

Always nice to have save slots that work!

And the textbox/quick menu! I tried to make them look like a recipe card! (The BG is a placeholder, not my art)

That's all for today, excited to get more done tomorrow!

Submitted(+2)

Le gasp The GUI Looks so cool!

(+1)

Wow, the art looks great already! I especially like the logo and the MC side image, so cute!

Submitted(+1)

The GUI and character art both look really good, and I'm always down for a premise involving witches! I'm really looking forward to playing this one :D

(+2)

Not to state the obvious, but that GUI is absolutely gorgeous. The colour scheme, cute prints and the coffee stains gives me strong café vibes, which I don't need to guess was the goal.  Great work so far!

Host(+2)

omggg this ui and art is soooo lovely omggg. i love the textures and overlays on the textbox and menus especially!!

Submitted(+1)

the designs and the UI look SO GOOD!!! i want to know more about everyone immediately omg

(+1)

Super cute so far, I'm excited for this one!

(+1)

I'm in LOVE with this art style and the character designs!!! The UI has such a nice, cozy aesthetic too. Great work so far!

Submitted(+2)

Yesterday, I started drawing backgrounds. This was a mistake. I quickly realized I don't have the patience to do all the backgrounds to the standard I want in the time period provided, so I opted to go on the hunt for free materials. After gathering the ones I had license for, I tweaked them to my liking, so all backgrounds are done! Yay!

Today, I focused on recipes and drawing food. Eagle-eyed viewers may have noticed the "Recipes" button on my main menu. Because a lot of my game revolves around the power of food, I decided pretty early on that I wanted real recipes players could make themselves! I fancy myself quite the home chef, and now using my own recipes, all the food featured in the game is now totally doable for players to make as well! Once you see the finished product in game, the recipe for that dish will unlock! I also drew about 75% of the food, so enjoy some eye candy (harr harr). 

Rest of the week will be dedicated to writing, so I might not have much to show! But don't worry, I'm working my little fingers as fast as they'll go! Until next time!

Submitted(+1)

Food looks absolutely delicious—beginning to regret having such a small lunch >.>

Keep up the good work!

(+1)

Wow these all look great!! Love the color choice for the one on the top left. 

Host(+1)

ohhh this is really great progress so far!! all of this food looks so good omggg

Submitted(+1)

The concept, art, and GUI are sooooooooooooooo good!!! Your art especially!! I'm really excited to play this one!

(+1)

My god the art looks amazing. Good job. I can't wait to play this VN

Submitted(+2)

I've been a busy little worker bee doing some behind-the-scene stuff. Ironing out programming bugs, fixing errors, programing the recipe menu which was... Surprisingly finicky. I also finished drawing all the food! All's left is to finish writing the second and third paths and drawing/animating the characters! That's right, these witches are gonna be animated babyyyy (assuming everything goes to plan, of course). More on that later though, for now, have some pretty pictures!

Next time, I'll get into what software I've been using, including my attempts at learning Live2D! Until then!

Submitted

It looks so tasty! IM SOLD.

Submitted

Oh noes, more delicious food! D:

But no seriously, this all looks amazing. Good luck on your animating! :>

Submitted(+1)

The art on this game looks so good, it almost makes me hungry.