Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

{Devlog} Kalt

A topic by nbe1233 created Jan 26, 2020 Views: 184 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+1)

Hello, This is my first game and first jam. 

I will be making a platformer in Godot, wherein after your campfire burns out you search for wood and leave the cave.

Submitted(+1)

So far I implemented movement gravity and jump, I also made some basic assets of snow, however the player character is still a placeholder,

also in the way I coded player movement when both left and right are pressed the player goes right rather than stay still

Host

huh interesting. any particular reason you decided to favor right when both arrow keys are pressed? also i love the little particle effect fire!

Submitted

No particular reason, just bad coding. I also discovered if you add gravity to y velocity after setting y velocity to zero when on the floor the player will slide down a slope.

Submitted

Day 4: I have implemented loading levels and suspending player input. I have also implemented a rudimentary main menu and restructured my files ie. put levels and and related scripts in a folder rather than in the root directory.

Submitted

Day five:  I have implemented a background by creating a gradient of color, which is then repeated using the parallax background node I also decided to replace the player sprite placeholder with a snowman, which is flipped horizontally when pressing right or left.

Submitted(+1)

Host

hey that looks awesome! i can't wait to see the snowman in motion! also the parallax background sounds really cool. if you have time it could be cool to add something like parallax trees or clouds or something too.