Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

SnowmanSpy

A topic by DesertSanta created Jan 26, 2020 Views: 311 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 7

I didn't start making this game yet. But I have an idea for my game. it will be a 2d stealth game

Submitted

In which engine will you programm your game?

Sorry. I forget to mention that. I'll use Godot engine

(2 edits) (+1)

Day2

I've done some progress in my game. In the beginning of my development process. I don't focus on art. I focus on programming the main mechanics. And that what my game looks like

I made basic player movement. And I gave the player the ability to hide.  I should've made more progress. But I was busy today 

Host(+1)

this is a great start!! it's definitely a good idea to focus on mechanics first. is the color the status of the player being hidden or not?

(1 edit) (+1)

yes. the color is the status of the player being hidden. I am very sorry for not posting a new devlog. I couldn't make any progress in my game in the last 3 days

Host(+1)

omg no worries at all! honestly devlogs can be done at your own pace.

(1 edit) (+1)

Day 3-6

I fixed some bugs. When the player enters the view area of an enemy. The game will end. Even if the player was behind a wall. But I fixed it by using a raycast casts to the player position. I limited how many times the player can hide. you can see it in the top left side of the screen

(1 edit) (+1)

Update

I started making art for my game. I am using Piskel to make my art. I am not at good art. So I drew simple art

Host(+1)

omg honestly this is so cute! if you're finding you're struggling a lot with art there's also asset packs that are available here on itch.io!