Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Humanity Resistance Itch Devlog

A topic by Kamigaru created Jul 08, 2022 Views: 100 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(4 edits) (+2)

Hello everyone, this is the first time I am participating in this game jam. For the past week, I've been working on a game I've decided to call Humanity Resistance. The concept of the game is that you oversee a continent and all the countries and split into provinces. At the start of the game, a province will turn infected and overran with zombies. Zombies will then attack nearby provinces slowly wearing down the population until the population cannot resist the zombie onslaught anymore. The aim of the game is to survive for a certain amount of time. If all provinces are lost before the time runs out, you lose. 

I have been posting daily devlog videos on my YouTube channel about the game progress and still currently in development. Hoping to have the game completed in the next 2-4 days.

I haven't posted the video devlog links or my channel link in this blog because I am not sure if that type of advertisement is allowed. If you are interested in seeming them though, my YouTube channel link is on my itch game page, so just check that out and you'll see to link that'll take you to my channel and you can see all the devlogs I've currently posted.

Host(+1)

You're allowed to promote your own devlog/work especially if it's related to the jam! Generally we don't allow solicitation (and probably will have a rule soon about doing this in other people's threads/devlogs...) but please feel free to share your work. Excited for the premise so far--I like that it kind of combines both "zombie" and "outbreak" type design into one!

(+1)

Thanks for the heads up. I've linked the daily devlogs that I have created so far for people to view. Also, that's exactly the type of feel I am trying to make the game feel like. The game should be finished in another 3-4 days, just in time before the jam ends.

(2 edits)

Update On Project - New Map Visual

So today I've spent my time working on improving the current gameplay of the game. Then I decided to improve how the map looks. Now the map feels more rounded, earth like feel. I also added a tiny bit of post processing bloom but made it not affect the UI. 

Update

The game is now completed. I will be posting it to the jam once I complete a tutorial section for the game.