Welcome to My First Game Jam: Summer 2020! For those of you just joining us, it's been a tradition to kick things off with a little getting-to-know-you questionnaire! For the first-time game developer, things can be pretty intimidating... which is why we want to show you you're not alone! This is not a required activity— it's just meant as a way to break into the community for returning jammers and newbies alike.
We'd love for you to share your influences, passions, and jam goals with the rest of us. Who knows — you might meet a potential team member, or even a new friend!
(These questions are entirely optional; they're just here to warm things up, so feel free to skip them as needed!)
Onto the questions!
1. Hi there! What's your name? Want to introduce yourself?
2. Did you participate in the last jam we held? If so, what do you plan on doing better this time? If not, what's your reason for joining?
3. What games are your favorites? Did any of them inspire you, or made you want to make your own?
4. Do you have experience with game development? What did you do/with what engine?
5. Tell us about something you're passionate about!
6. What are your goals for this game jam?
For returning jammers:
7. Any advice to new participants?
8. What can the admins do to improve your jam experience?
9. What are some of the past works you've made for the jam? Show off your favorites!
10. Bonus: Got any question suggestions? Let us know for next year!