SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Dev-Log -GooblerQuest- DAY 1

A topic by Aguos created Jul 15, 2018 Views: 147 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+3)

Hey everyone!

So my team and I have spent half the day together working on our first ever game. It's been a lot of fun! We're making a top down 2d game about a mouse trying to find a bean and escaping without being pecked to death by a crazed kiwi bird. I'm taking on the burden of programming most of the gameplay elements and I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm following tutorials and trying to learn as I go but this is completely new territory for me.

REGARDLESS, I've made progress. My character controller is coming along nicely. I'm able to move around and have the camera follow the player character with a bit of delay to smooth it out. I'm in the middle of adding the animation to the inputs and applying the rigidbody2d to the player character. I'll get these things done by the end of tomorrow and then I'll take a look at the AI (oh god... the AI) on Monday.

Things are looking great!!!!

Aguos

you are a GOOD GUY

Host (1 edit)

hey aguos that sounds great! it'd be awesome to see gifs of your player prototype so far--i'm really excited about this smooth movement delay you mentioned. also i love how specific your concept is haha.