Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

twine fantasy story game

A topic by dinospy created Jul 26, 2017 Views: 166 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3

Hey, maybe making a thread here will keep me accountable, although I know we got a week left. 

I messed around in stencyl the first few days, realized there'd be too much to go over before I could actually start a game, so I switched over to twine, since I really just wanna tell a story.

I've decided on a choose your own adventure style, with the player character on a search for hidden knowledge kept in a ruined castle in the woods. I want a kinda Dark Souls/Skyrim/medieval vibe, with traps, hidden passageways, etc. as the player explores the castle. Loneliness, skeletons and moving statues are all that live there. I'm planning on a few bad ends, but I'm not sure how many 'good' ends I'll have, if it'll just be the 'you found it, congrats' end or other successful, but less fulfilling ends. After brainstorming with my partner that last few days, I've got a word document with a general outline of the beginning and first few optional routes. 

If I can keep up nightly brainstorms, then plugging rough drafts of writing into twine, then I should have something to throw out into the world by next week. 

Uh, thanks for reading, I hope all is going well for everyone's projects.

(+1)

I've played around with twine before, it would be perfect for this. just keep writing /o/

Submitted(+1)

Woo, somebody else making a Twine game! I love a good old ruined castle.