First devlog, I hope I'm doing it right.
An adventure platformer. The main character, Kotaro, goes off to see a thing. When he gets there thing is dead. Spends the rest of the game getting little spirit parts of the Main Thing in order to return them to the Main Thing. (Main Thing not yet decided)
edit: moved double jump to would likes as I've deemed it not essential to the feel or gameplay of the game. Will ultimately depend upon level design after other features are established.
- Collectible counter that keeps track of said collectibles
- Ability to turn collectibles in at a main area
Would likes (can pass on due to time contraint and work on at a later date)
- Double Jump
- Brief pop up box events that trigger at certain times. For example, if there is an encounter a '!' would appear above players head.
- The more items collected the larger ruck-sack gets.
- I'd like for it to be dialogue free and the journey Kotaro goes on to be understandable. But story will take a backseat to features until features are fully polished.
- A boss fight?
- Pixeled what I need to get a skeleton level design.
- Basic Character controller is set up. (Will add more detailed features after the MVP is fleshed out)
- Basic Camera controller is finished.
- Player can now die and respawn at checkpoints.