SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

[devlog] PLANTASIA - smol plant friends and bigger plant enemies

A topic by maggot created Jul 19, 2017 Views: 908 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 15
(5 edits) (+1)

P R E M I S E

a young botanical necromancer named suri works to bring plants back to life with the help of her girlfriend, eleanor. once the plants are back to life, she must engage in battle in order to tame them & capture their essence – their physical form will stay in her garden, but their “essence” will stay with her in order to help fight more battles & heal more plants.

C H A R A C T E R S

SURI YEUNG – botanical necromancer, main character

ELEANOR WRIGHT – potions master, suri’s gf, side character

P L A N T S

purple plumes 

hibiscus

peony

gardenia

sacred lotus ( boss )

sunflower ( boss )

tree peony ( boss )

dogwood tree ( boss )

etc

T E A M

charlie (artist)

seymour (artist & programmer)

rhobi (composer)

I am super excited for this already. Suri is so stinking adorable, Elanor looks fantastic. Plant friends are the best friends a person can ask for. I love it.

@unicorntracks hey wow thank you so much, thats awesome!!!!!! i'm glad you're into it <3  it's gonna be pretty simple and short because we only have two weeks, but i'm psyched anyway !!!

(+1)

so far today we've completed the titlescreen and walksprites for both suri and eleanor !! i'm planning on doing parallax mapping for each area of the game, so i should get started on that!! i also need to design the four bosses, art-wise, so that charlie can draw their bust images !!

I am legit excited for this one. Looks great already!

some boss concepts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A game about flowers♥♥♥ Looking foward to this!!

Submitted

This is totally sick having small plant friends is such a dream!!! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

Submitted

This looks so awesome! Just out of curiosity, what are you making it with? :)

we're making it in rpg maker mv !!!!

Submitted

Nice! Good luck with that! Looking forward to playing this!

Submitted

Ahhh this looks great!! Can't wait to play it!

got the garden tileset almost finished !!! charlie has also drawn suri + eleanor's talksprites : ))

Submitted

Looks really good so far! I haven't played an rpg in probably a year this looks like it could be a good one. I especially like the Eleanor sprite.

thank you so much !! the eleanor sprite was super fun to work on : ))

I have never heard of a botanical necromancer, this is a really cool idea!

suri yeung ummm

¯\_(ツ)_/¯