Play gameVisit 14 Barrels's game page
Rate this game
Sign up with an itch.io account to rate and leave a comment.
Movie scene description (plus video link if possible!)
Does your game or video link contain movie spoilers?
Please list any pre-made art/music/other assets that you used.
Dwarf Voices - Chris Lulham
Menu Music - Misty Bog, by Eric Matyas [http://soundimage.org/fantasywonder/]
Level Music - In Light Of Darkness, by Jay Man [http://www.ourmusicbox.com/]
SFX (Various SFX, Mostly CC0/Public Domain, with some Attribution-Required for the following)
// Unity Assets used in Development
Unity Standard Assets - First Person Controller
Low Poly Shaders - Broken Vector [https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/low-poly-shaders-85262]
Probuilder - Procore [http://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/modeling/probuilder-advanced-3558]
Dotween - Demigiant [https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/animation/dotween-hotween-v2-27676]
How many members in your team?
Anything you want to say to players before they play?
[W][A][S][D] - Movement
[Spacebar] - Jump
[Shift] - Sprint
[Right Mouse Button] - Draw Arrow
[Left Mouse Button] - Fire Arrow
[Middle Mouse Button] - Return Arrow
Some dev controls might still be present/active... oops
// HOW TO PLAY
Sorry for the messy state / lack of indicators within the game. The main loop is as follows:
1. Lift the gate by standing on top of the gatetower in the green zone for 20 seconds,
2. Once the timer (Bottom right) hits zero, the gate will lift allowing the barrels to pass
3. Escort the remaining barrels down the various platforms.
You'll win the game if at least one barrel makes it all the way down and to the red zone/trigger.
Score is calculated on how many barrels survives * enemies killed. I didn't have time (Or forgot) to add the breakdown of this on the screen.
You'll lose the game if you touch water, lose all the barrels, or your health is drained to zero from enemies.
// ADDITIONAL NOTES / BUGS
- It's a buggy hot mess; many sounds, UI elements, and gameplay features are cut short or missing.
- There is no pause screen, so to exit the game jump into water (Instant death, and there is a button to exit the game here OR [Alt] + [F4] to force quit.
- The spawner controller is flawed; allowing easy/fast completion of the level; but you can still aim for highscores.
- Highscores are not saved or reloaded.
- Some barrels might bounce up and get stuck on land - this is their fate now.
- It's nowhere near as complete as I would have liked; But I will expand on this more one day in a blog post.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.