SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

GameJam Stream

A topic by Vellyne created Sep 10, 2023 Views: 832 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 9
Jam Host(+3)

Hello all!

Thank you all for your hard work making this gamejam a success as the voting is wrapping up today. The results of the gamejam will remain hidden until the time of the GameJam stream to keep suspense on what are the top 20 games.

Currently Mousey is planning to stream the top 20 games and choose the winners on Sept 17th, but this date can change based on Mousey's busy schedule.

Finally, as mentioned in another thread, updating the games to fix any issues can be done in the meantime.

Submitted

With the updates, by "in the meantime" do you mean before the stream (the moment Mousey plays it) or is there another moment that signifies the end of "in the meantime"? Like when she's gonna download all the downloadable games for example, or when jam hosts are gonna review the games etc.

Jam Host

Before the gamejam stream

Submitted

are updates limited to fixes? or could we also add features and other stuff?

Jam Host(+1)

In the spirit of GameJam it should be fixes only

Submitted
Deleted 201 days ago
Submitted

HUGE NEWS, thanks for keeping us posted!

Submitted(+2)

Out of curiosity, how are we going to be verifying that people are only submitting bug-fix updates after the deadline? I know this has been controversial, but I feel like any updates are kinda against the "spirit of game jams," as scuffed games and bugs are part of the experience. This also effectively adds two weeks to an already really long jam in the first place, and as having to limit scope and cut ideas to get it done on time is another part of game jams, it doesn't make the most sense to me. The argument of "the rules don't say it's not allowed" is kinda just reaching for technicalities, even though it's pretty clear that post-jam updates were not intended. I will not be making any changes, bug fixes included, to my submission, but with the "beautifying" of my game done by the initial submission date, I very easily could double or triple the scale of my game in two weeks, assuming I'm even in the top 20 anyway. I'm not looking for opinions to change at this stage, but just wanted to put my opinion out.

Jam Host

The judges including myself will be keeping tabs on any updates and if there are major changes, will evaluate

Submitted

What exactly will the judges evaluate?

Jam Host

If the update still fits the spirit of the Gamejam 

example: bug fixes/cleaning up vs adding 5 more levels of content

Submitted (1 edit) (+3)

Congrats to everyone who submitted an entry. I played almost every game (Wish I had the time to play them all) and everyone did such a great job, there are a lot of gems .

Submitted(+1)

I fully agree, I loved the sprite art in your game so much. Especially the cover art of IronMouse. You made her look so adorable and the game is something I can see people spending hours on out of pure enjoyment alone

Submitted(+1)

Ayy <3

Jam Host(+4)

Results page is now live!

Submitted(+3)

Congrats, everyone! 😃 I didn't expect to be in the top 20 *_* Thank you, guys! ❤

Submitted(+2)

Your game is amazing! Of course it's in the top 20! But still congrats! :D

Submitted(+1)

No matter what in these jams I never make it (x-x) Well maybe next time…

Good job to those that made top 20! (And others too (>w<))