Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

When can I start making the game?

A topic by olezha_wow created Jul 27, 2023 Views: 411 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

I'm a bit confused about the new dates. Since we already know the theme can we work on the game this entire month, starting now, or should we just patiently wait till the submissions open to start working on our games?

Submitted

Yeah I was about to ask this. I don't wanna break any rules but I'm excited to start! It says we have 7 days but submissions are open 30th - 4th and that's only 5! Could be like some Jams where devs are meant to give themselves a week some time in the month given, to keep it flexible?

(+1)

Just asked in chat. Was told by a mod that you can start working on it now. I think the config on the jam page was supposed to be that it started now and you have a month to complete your game rather than how it's configured now (waiting until Aug 29th to start the jam and only have a couple of days to complete it).

Submitted

hmm ok. Thank you for asking and replying here! And I think the Jam page info needs to be updated for clarity then. 1 week vs 1 month is very different! 

np! just want to make sure people aren't confused and keep things fair. also want to see more games that took a month to make vs a week.

Submitted

Can we get a screenshot or have one of the mods explicitly state that? It seems like something that the organizers need to state outright.

Submitted

HUH... thats interesting LOL

Jam Host(+5)

You can start working on the game now :)