Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

If you are making games in Godot, consider uploading on gotm.io too !!!

A topic by gamedevshirious created Aug 06, 2020 Views: 874 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(+4)

GOTM.io is an amazing game hosting service for games built with Godot game engine. Brand new feature is multiplayer. yes you can hot multiplayer games and work without your own dedicated server

(+2)

Just now hearing about it...

Submitted

very interesting!

Im finishing a 3d Multiplayer game in godot and i want to publish it but I havent dedicated server. If i publish it in gotm.io this will work in global network without dedicated server ? ( Remember this is Multiplayer game ) please answer me

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Just seeing this now. I made a multiplayer game in Godot for the jam.

The connections are peer to peer with one player hosting. You still need a server though for a lobby and to negotiate the peer to peer connections around NAT.

I used the webrtc components for that with the reference server from the official examples. They have a server implementation in gdscript and node.js. Should be easy enough to port to anything else though.

Edit:

Just uploaded there and read the docs. Seems like they provide connections and lobbies with the MultiplayerENet components. Sounds pretty great and would have saved a lot of nerves in my case. But I guess all players would have to play on gotm.io and it wouldn't be possible to connect to the native versions or itch.io