SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Welcome to #MissedJam! Share missed jams here! Sticky

A topic by breathingstories created Nov 20, 2020 Views: 378 Replies: 22
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Host(+2)

Hey everyone!

Welcome to #MissedJam, the game jam for all your unfinished game jam games!

Please use this Community forum to post about all the game jams you've missed that others can use for inspiration to submit a game for this jam. Please include links if you can, but if you can't (like if you can't remember the exact name of the jam) ask around and maybe someone else can help you out!

I'll start, see below for some jams I've missed and others you might have too!

And as always, feel free to ask one of the hosts any questions you may have. (That's Logan and Viditya).

Host(+2)

Some cool game jams!

My jams page on itch is like 'Jams Joined (many), Jams Submitted (far less)' so I have lots of suggestions haha. In no particular order!

Anti-fascist Game Jam

TTRPG Resource Jam

Folklore Jam

BOLT JAM

The Five Powers Jam

Neurodiversity in Games Jam 2020

Fungus TTRPG Jam

Acoustic Cover Jam

Guided by the Sun Jam

Journey Jam

The One Scene Jam

Wretched & Alone Jam

And here are other jams I did join and submitted to, but maybe you missed!

Supervillain Redemption Jam (my very first game jam :') )

Bookmark Jam

End Jam

Jammi Jam Jam

Your Move Jam (ok I actually didn't submit to this jam I had the idea for my submission wayyy too late and just published afterwards)

(+2)

If I submit something to this jam, it'll be the game I started writing for Beyond the Super Jam but never finished.

And I'd love to see more entries for the Felonious Fauna Jam, which was completely eclipsed by the Emotional Mecha Jam when it was running originally.

Submitted(+1)

I'm going to submit something I wanted to make for .dungeon class jam. Before you had made this jam I was just thinking how much I regret not finishing that project, so thank you for giving me another opportunity! 

Also might do something for Electric Bastion Jam. It won't be the project I originally was going to make for it.

(1 edit)

Jams I have loved and missed

Host(+1)

I’m really interested in the WSCA Jam, so thanks for linking it!

Submitted

The jam I missed was my own dang game jam. The DOS Games Fall Jam was for making new games for DOS or games inspired by computer games people grew up playing. I didn’t make the deadline this time (luckily made the deadline for the previous one) but I think people made some really cool stuff here like ASCII DELVE:

https://itch.io/jam/dos-games-fall-jam/entries

(+1)

Yeah, I missed that one, too.

I’ve been trying all year to do a couple of test-concept DOS games (my Ranger and Sleuth1 games).

Submitted

I'm hoping to have another one in a few months. Feel free to join the Discord link in the jam page if you want to be notified about the next one.

Submitted (1 edit)

I submitted three mini-zines to https://itch.io/jam/minizinejam2020 and made two more at end of December, but missed the deadline. I don't know how it happened, maybe I just remembered the end date wrong. :(

Host

Oof, misread dates are a bummer, I feel you!

Submitted

The one I’m eyeballing the most is the Emotional Mecha Jam.

Submitted

Right now it looks like I'll have a 1-2 player card-based game about a pilot stuck aboard their wrecked mecha after the final battle, systems failing and hoping for rescue, done on time. Granted when I say 'done' it won't be all fancy, a beta test version basically that will see some revisions and maybe some additions and definitely overall appearance improvements, but still!

Host

oooh awesome! I’ve not delved deep into the mecha genre but it looks like good fun. And a beta is totally worth something, go you!

So many!

Ugh, that is all I have the heart to talk about… :(

May I please please please submit multiple mockups or demos? Or is it just a single submission? Or should I make an app that shows the mockups and loads demos?

Host

You can have multiple submissions!

Submitted

I missed the Tunnel Goons Jam bc  I didn't know the game existed until after the jam was over. So I wrote The Knife inspired by Tunnel Goons, and hewing pretty close to it, but as the project went on it became The Knife XE and wandered far from its inspirations.

Host

nice! I often find out about jams in their last days and can't scramble to whip something up in time...

I missed my very first jam and it wasn't even a game jam where you had to start from scratch ironically. It was Finally Finish Something 2021, xD. I started developing my game in the very beginning of January itself and I had a lot of interesting ideas (and wanted to make twenty levels) but there also some game-breaking bugs which made me miss the deadline so yeah. I didn't really have a prototype or anything like that whatsoever, but yeah,  basically my time management is garbage so I find deadlines very, well,  stressful, haha, since I wasn't spending a lot of time on it in late January. Hopefully I can finish it in time for this jam? :D Hopefully.

Host

Hopefully indeed, good luck!!

Submitted

Haha, snuck in just before the deadline!

I missed Record Collection 2k20, and though I imagine there will be (or perhaps already has been) another one this year, I realised I had a near complete game here! And I mean I still listen to this album a bunch...

Host

Woohoo, go Paddy!