Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Do u get fed up by ur own game?

A topic by Harbandan Singh created May 05, 2021 Views: 149 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I don't know if it is just me or with others also, that the game u develop, u don't want to play it.

During the development we run the project many times, designing the levels and when its complete are you fed up or exhausted with it?? 

There is no curiosity as u know whats gonna happen in the game and dont feel like playing it ???

Submitted(+2)

There is no curiosity as u know whats gonna happen in the game and dont feel like playing it ???

not every game is about “curiosity”. replay value is how playable something is even when you already know what’s going to happen

i mostly make platformers, with timers and collectibles, so that people can challenge themselves to get faster times, or so they can choose to either quickly run through the world or collect all the things. rhythm games and those score-chasing arcade-type things also are about challenging the player to do better, than their past selves or than others

if your game’s only value is in not knowing what’s going to happen, that’s fine too, it just won’t be “as replayable” as others

Submitted

It seems pretty normal to not want to play the game you just spent hours or days play testing