Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Let's discuss our games(FOR GAMES BEING CONTINUED IN MAJOR JAM)

A topic by Eaz_games created Mar 24, 2020 Views: 188 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

If we are gonna continue our previous games for major jam, we can benefit immensely by exchanging feedback, so put your games down below so we can discuss about them.

mine is here: https://itch.io/jam/mini-jam-50-islands/rate/592712

Submitted

I'd love to give it shot if you could provide a Linux build!

Also, I'm considering continuing with my game for the Major Jam, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time...

https://itch.io/jam/mini-jam-50-islands/rate/591566

Submitted (1 edit)

I just played your game, short and concise, as all jam games should be, I like how you kept the controls fairly simple. I figured the controls without looking at it. This is something I have always struggled to do. However, I would have preferred more obstacles. Maybe riddles to get clues of the treasure location, but there is so much you can do in 72 hours. Also not in- game but the color page being exactly the same as color of the land does not look that good to me. Overall a pleasant, simple and fun game.

I snuck in a linux build. Would love to hear what you have to say about my game.

Submitted

Thank you for the excellent feedback! I'm already scheming obstacles and riddles for my next build, hope you like them! Also I'll fix the page color thing right away, also found out I gave the game frame the wrong dimensions.

I tried your Linux build, but I got an error:

> ./SeaWar_LINUX.x86_64
Set current directory to /home/kcabra/Downloads/SeaWar
Found path: /home/kcabra/Downloads/SeaWar/SeaWar_LINUX.x86_64
no boot config - using default values

(Filename: ./PlatformDependent/LinuxStandalone/main.cpp Line: 479)

I did a Google search and I found this and this link pointing out you might've forgotten the Data folder. After that I tried to run the game inside the Windows build folder to see if it worked out, but with no success.

I'm sorry for the trouble and I'm looking forward to playing you game!

Submitted

Thanks for letting me know :)

I have added the data files as well. though my game is basically a minimum viable product, it will benefit a lot from your feedback.

Submitted

Hey, uh, still not running, for some reason? It's not printing any errors now, just not running... I tried running the game using Lutris/Wine and it ran, but no graphics showed up, just some rough UI elements? I'm leaving a link to a screenshot :(
If you still wanna try to debug this hit me up on discord lilak#4382