Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Rules clarification

A topic by StrangeBirdRaevenant created Apr 24, 2020 Views: 455 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 4

When you say "general purpose code" what would be an example of this? This will be my first game jam, so I want to make sure I'm not accidentally disqualified.

Cheers!

Host

The first example that comes to my mind is movement. It could also be collisions, UI, input, AI, saving/loading, etc.

One question regarding movement: I had an idea for a top-down style metroidvania. Is that allowed, or does it have to involve side-scrolling/jumping?

Host

The only theme is metroidvania, so as long as it is one, it's accepted! Some people in the server considered Zelda as a metroidvania, so top-downs are surely accepted!

Submitted

I literally only came to the forums to see where this community landed on the "Zelda MV" debate in order to see if I could do a top-down MV.
AWESOME!

Sounds good, thanks!

what are the rules relating to assets, do they have to be made by the team or individuals? are you allowed to used purchased assets or for this game jam do they need to be 100% made during the jam itself?  thanks :)

Submitted

I'd also like a clarifiation on using third-party music. I'm perfectly fine with a 0 on the sound score. Are you allowed to use third-party music?