Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

This is my first game jam - ever. Very fun to participate. What's next?

A topic by Dantine created Sep 13, 2023 Views: 104 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
Submitted

I can say that this has really taught me how to finish a project and budget time / plan / cut features or content to meet a deadline / etc. All those things that happen in indie game development. For this game, I do plan on fleshing it out a bit more for the SMVM entry, which should be a finished product by then. 

For my first project, I wanted to go solo so I can see where my strengths and weaknesses are. Now that I know what I can do well and can't do so well(Code & SFX, Yes! Art, Meh. Music, nope!), I think I'll try looking to join a team next time around. It's exciting to think of what can be created surrounded by such talented people! Any suggestions on another good jam to participate in?

Submitted

Hey! Did you find a team? My team is going a horror game jam that starts in two weeks since Halloween 馃巸 is coming up. Would you be interested in something like that?

Submitted

Sounds like fun, but I'm currently finding myself neck-deep in Starman Run. I do actually have a vision for something I would like to work with in the horror genre, specifically something within the Cosmic Horror space. Something that will make you really really want to close the drapes to the open window behind you because it's night, and you can't see whats watching you and you're getting goosebumps. But it's just a game, right? Right? At some point I'd also like to work on a less serious more fun semi-goreish game like Monster Party as well.