Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

help

A topic by scritches created Jul 20, 2022 Views: 161 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4

HELP I HAVE NEVER MADE A GAME BEFORE AND I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO CODE AND I HAVE ZERO MONEY AND AAAAAAAAAHYU8N9XYDN7EUSCBXEYN8UJCBDY8XU9JMDNBY7X8UIDJM

Host

I suggest doing some research on engines since you're a total beginner. First, you'll most probably want to do 2D games: they are much easier to make, especially when starting out. In that domain, a couple of good 2D game engines include GameMaker and Construct, which use visual programming: no need to write long lines of code. However, their free versions being quite limited, maybe you'll want to either buy them or change engine. For the latter, I suggest using GDevelop, which is free and uses visual programming as well, or Godot, which is also free, supports visual coding but also the possibility to write code.

Hope this helps!

Submitted

As a beginner that I am. I recommend game maker, but the free version is very limited when it comes to exporting your game. Godot is open source and there are no restrictions, but I don't know if it's a good idea for a beginner. the ideal is that you look for information about the engines and choose the one that suits you best
Submitted

English is not my native language and the google translator does not help much hehe