Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Here's my Progress. whats yours?

A topic by Eli Haun created Mar 08, 2022 Views: 175 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+1)

SO!  I actually have a PLAYABLE game!  Is it fun? No, but all the mechanics are there, as well as the beginning of a map.  I have movement, enemies, boss fights, powerups, and a map that needs to be backtracked to use new ability's.  I am going to spend Tuesday nd Wednesday finalizing the map, and adding the final boss. the rest will be adding art

So, What do YOU have left to do? 

Submitted

Top left with the canvas is the start, I think? There's a lot of empty space that you need to fill. I hope you made a gameflow sheet where you want to put your goals and everything else.

But good that the mechanics are all implemented! The last week should be mostly about design, polishing, balancing and bugfixing.

What we still have to do:

There is also still a lot to do in our Warrior Vania, while our main mechanics are fully implemented, we still need to tweak a few things. But we are in good shape and are positive about the remaining 7 days.

We have: 4-directional character control, combat system, enemy AI, item crafting (Alchemy, Fletchery, Blacksmith), character development, game win conditions (Achievements), game end conditions - soft resets (Player Death, Light of Stone Death), Tower Defense, Resource Gathering, Hidden Places, 2D Lightning World, Character Designer, Teleport System.

So far there are 12 maps, by the end we want to have at least 15 maps.

We are currently focusing a lot on the flow of the game and the choice of sounds and music for the game. 

Mineral mining and recipes for armour and weapon crafting are also not yet implemented.

If theres Time left, we wanna add in 3 Areas a Boss Fight, so far we have 0 but they aren't necessary for the Core Game.

Lets doooooo it!

Submitted(+1)

Yeah, the top left is the start, and I will introduce mechanics one at a time.  I have the rooms laid out, but not the way to get from one to the other (no platforms, ladders, etc.).  I started adding those after I posted last night.  the bottom left is the second boss fight, and that is what the rest of the map will look like eventually.   I have a flow map, but I was just showing the actual build.  I plan to finish all the implementing by Wednesday, and let my nephew/wife/people on discord try the game out , and work on graphics.  that way I have a few days over the weekend to work out any bugs they find, and otherwise make the game pretty

Here is the way the game will "flow". the Stars are the boss fights. I know it is not the most complex map (I LOVE Aria of Sorrow, and I consider it's map to be one of the best), but it seems to be decent 

Submitted

sounds good!

Submitted(+1)

All of the mechanics are working, menus and saving the game works, I just need to finish up the art and get the actual levels put together.   Hopefully I have enough time, but we'll see what the final result is lol.  Worst case I spend some time after the jam polishing things up.

Submitted

Curious to see your 2D Light Working in Action, Looks good!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Thanks! It's honestly more decorative than anything, it only affects the background.  I took a lot of inspiration from Celeste for this project lol