Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Results & Closing Remarks Sticky

A topic by Ian Magenta created Oct 21, 2019 Views: 1,708 Replies: 6
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Host (9 edits) (+8)

Thanks again to everyone who participated in this year's jam! You can view the full list of results here.

Below are the Top 10 entries:

1. Oath
  2. No Ivory No Rose
  3. TROLLS
  4. Ted's Getting Fired
  5. Space Truckers
  6. The Wisdom of Our Elders
  7. The Women of Sayora Village
  8. Go Directly To Jail (Do not pass go, do not collect $200)
  9. I AM YOU ALSO
  10. "YOU ARE NOT A HERO"

Congrats to the Top 10 and to all who submitted an entry!

I wanted to give a special shout-out to everyone who participated in theme voting, spread the word about the jam, and left kind & constructive feedback on all of the entries. These small things went a long way in terms of making this jam what it was. Thanks again, you rock!

If you have any feedback about the jam, please feel free to leave it below! Your comments help me to better understand what was good (and not so good) about the jam and how I can better structure things for the future.

If you're interested in keeping up with the various projects I work on (including RPG jams) feel free to follow me on Twitter!

I'll be back again with another RPG-related jam next year! And I've already got a few changes in mind...

Submitted

I'm pleased. I was hoping to make the top 10 and I did (just!). I'll be working with the feedback I received during the jam and updating my game as soon as I am able. Well done to everyone who participated, I hope we've all learnt from the experience and improved as designers. 

Submitted

Although I'm kinda disappoited, it still was a fun experience. Can't say that I totally agree with people giving our project 1 star, but on the other hand some poeple  gave us some useful and constructive feedback. Definitely will be participating next year.

Submitted(+1)

This was our first ever jam, and we're really new on the scene. It was a total blast. We definitely learned some lessons about stress management and design. The greatest part of all of this was exposure to other creators whose work I love and never would've discovered outside in the wilds of itchio. Truly a thrilling experience, thanks to everyone involved!

Submitted

GG! Congrats to all that entered. I enjoyed the experience a lot. Hope I see next years contest and am able to join.

Submitted

Thanks for organising the jam, and thanks to everyone who rated my submission and/or gave feedback! I'll be releasing a new version soon to clean up some of the text, but even with that it's pretty cool to see just how much work can get done within 48 hours.

I don't really have a lot of feedback on the jam itself except that the voting period felt a little long, maybe because I did most of my ratings right after submissions closed - and maybe because I wanted to go and update my files and couldn't lol.

I also hope that itch implements revenue sharing between now and next year's jam: I ended up working solo this year but it would be cool to collaborate.

Submitted

Congratulations everyone.  This was super fun.  Already looking forward to next year.