Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Working on my Mecha Soccer

A topic by Misterm created Sep 22, 2021 Views: 241 Replies: 14
Viewing posts 1 to 10
Submitted(+1)

I decided to create a Mecha Soccer game.

I made the Player on Blender.

I have created a little stadium and a 5 team mecha

The IA is still work in progress.

Submitted

Looks fun! Reminds me of the old school soccer games I loved as a kid. There was also a game called Speedball 2 which I was obsessed with, and since this is mechs I'm expecting some violence! :D

Submitted(+2)

I am starting with the violence..

Submitted

I have been working on the interface and some enemies IA.

I love the textfont, gives off happy soccer vibes

Submitted

Thanks

Submitted

Adding some violence , now the player can punch the other players (At the moment only the blue team).

Submitted(+1)

Red Team now can punch you.

Submitted

Red team plays grimy, someone send those chaps to the car wash

Submitted(+1)

Working on area coverage by the two teams.

The idea is to avoid collision between players of the same teams that search for the ball and check the coverage of the field.

I started to do it with 3D Spheres but with a grid it is easy to check busy areas and to put some constrains in certain areas. 

Submitted(+1)

I decided to make an schema of the data structure and some workflow that I would like to make on the game.

Red areas are still work in progress.. I hope I will finish before end of the JAM.

Submitted(+1)

I have no time to work on my AI ideas, I have already release an early stage of the game at : https://misterm.itch.io/mecha-soccer

I hope I will improve it one day..

Submitted

Hi Misterm, I like the music and concept you have going on!

I’m not sure, maybe it’s just my computer, but I’m not able to kick or punch. I’m running Windows 10 and hitting right alt or ctrl doesn’t seem to do anything. I can walk around but I’m just getting knocked down until the red AI kicks the ball into my goal.

Submitted(+1)

Thanks for playing.. I am sorry for the issue.. I was quite busy and I couldn't finish it well. 

When I will have time I will improve it 

Submitted

I totally understand. You’ve got a lot going already, I hope you get the time to come back to it!

A write up on your approach to AI would be cool to see!

Thanks for sharing your creation with us.