Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

PRINT RUN??? Sticky

A topic by ManaDawn Tabletop Games created Oct 15, 2022 Views: 74 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
HostSubmitted

Hey there everyone! Mausritter Megadungeon Mayhem was a huge success this past May. Massive thanks to all those who participated and made the Tomb of a Thousand Doors a reality. I have had so much fun reading through every submission and formatting the completed book. And wow, 176 pages of pure content! You all are so amazing! Huge shout out to Fernando Salvaterra as well for his map of the megadungeon complex, it is beautiful. 

I recently released the complete book and it is blowing up on itch.io and Twitter, so many people are snagging it and sharing it and I am blown away by all the support. It has also generated much speculation into a print run. I have connections with the fine folks at Exalted Funeral and I’ve run several successful crowdfunding campaigns so I have full expectation getting this in print could be a reality (and potentially in short order). However, in order for this to occur I would like to a couple things.

First off, I love all the individual submissions and the vibe they bring – y’all are so creative! So, no matter what comes of this, all the originals will remain in all their glory! The current complete book will also remain untouched. That said, If we do a print run there will need to be some edits to the submissions. I believe in this project and would LOVE to see it happen – so, I can do all the edits and reformatting, this is all I would need. 

• Plain text, google doc, Word or some other editable form of the main text of each submission.

That is it! Hopefully easy enough, you could email the text or files at manarampmatt@gmail.com with ToaTD Sub as the subject line. 

Okay, so here is the plan…

• First things first, getting you all paid for your work! If we crowdfund I’d love to get all of you a minimum of $100. Hopefully even more!
  • Salvaterra is onboard to do more maps! So this is freaking sweet! I believe for the deluxe print run a uniform map look is key.
  • I would take all the text and format the book to be uniform. 
  • We would bump the size to A4 so the page count (and cost) would reduce.
  • I will hire artists like Bruno Prosaiko, Felipe de Faria, Josiah Moore and others to do the cover art, beautiful scenes in the book and a secret project.
  • Secret project – a Tomb of a Thousand Doors game master screen full of quick references, tables, and stats. It will also feature beautiful artwork.
  • I also want to hire an artist to take every piece of art in the original and use them as a muse to recreate the artwork for uniformity throughout the whole book.

So… who is in and what are y’all’s thoughts? I would love to see this crowdfund enough to pay some of our friends in the French, Spanish, and German communities translate this work as well.

Please let me know. Thanks.

-Matthew Morris

HostSubmitted

In the same fictional world as the Rittermarch, Mayfield, and Bernpyle - now comes Tomb of a Thousand Doors!

A new Mausritter megadungeon is coming to Kickstarter this January and it is over 100 pages of hours of fun! Follow along for updates!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/manarampmatt/tomb-of-a-thousand-doors-a-mau...

Gather up picks and shovels and prepare your packs as you delve deep into the forgotten stronghold of a mad mouse king - the Tomb of a Thousand Doors. A megadungeon for the rules-light fantasy adventure roleplaying game Mausritter. 

It’s a deep and dark dungeon down there, and it will not be fair on a little mouse. But if you are cautious and maybe a bit daring and reckless, you may be able to retrieve innumerable riches. And if you delve long enough, you may just uncover the greatest treasure of all mousekind deep within the Tomb of a Thousand Doors!