Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

ERASERHEAD x CLOCK TOWER Dev Log!

A topic by lum created May 02, 2018 Views: 285 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted (4 edits) (+1)

I'm sick and taking some time off work today, so I decided to work a little on my mashup game! I decided to combine one of my favorite cult-classic video games, Clock Tower, with one of my favorite cult-classic (and just in general) movies, Eraserhead! I don't have a heck of a lot of free time the next couple weeks, but I'm still having quite a lot of fun messing around with this idea. Here's a little GIF of player and enemy movement going on.

May 3rd Update:

Working a bit more on mechanics, and AI. I also have a very barebones tilemap setup. I've been trying to base the AI off how the AI worked in the first couple Clock Tower games. There's even a random chance that the baby will be hiding in a closet after they give up searching for you. I'm happy with the results so far!

May 8th Update

I've made quite a bit of progress since the last update. I've gotten a basic layout/structure of the game done (the game can technically be finished now!), I vastly improved the AI, added SFX and some ambience, and... quite a lot of misc. changes + updates that I haven't been entirely keeping track of!  There's a couple minor intro "cutscenes" and an ending cutscene I need to do, then I'm going to try making a bunch of art assets to populate the map with. I'm not going to be around this upcoming weekend, so I'm aiming to be finished by Friday. I feel pretty good about what I have so far.

Submitted

YES! that looks awesome!!!

Also excellent choice for your mashup that is going to freaky fun!!!

Submitted

Thanks so much!! Looking forward to your Eraserhead themed game as well haha

Host

NICE WORK! I'm definitely looking for forward to this and looks like the tables have turned for ol' Henry ;)

Submitted

Thank you!! :) Eraserhead baby is out for revenge!

Submitted

Oh damn, this looks great so far! Keep up the good work

Submitted

Thanks! :)

Submitted

this is really fun, good luck with it!

Submitted

Thanks a bunch! Good luck to you too! :)