Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

Welcome to the MASHUP Jam! Sticky

A topic by radHABiT created Apr 11, 2018 Views: 617 Replies: 24
Viewing posts 1 to 12
Host(+1)

Just wanted to say hey and welcome!

Hey radHABiT, I have an off topic question. I saw a week ago the Clone jam and I wanted to join it today but can't find it anymore and I remember you made it, what happened to it? Sorry for asking you here but I don't know how else to ask you. 

Host

Yo Clumsy Mage! Thanks for the question, yeah I ended up deleting the clone jam :/ I wasn't completely sure about copyright stuff so I took it down... It probably would've been totally fine but I decided better safe than sorry, so I did this jam instead. Though, I might still do the clone jam after this, so keep an eye out for that!

Hello, I can't wait to start
I'm litter newbie in jams, is my first time. What i need have in consideration?

Host

Yo Kato!
Glad to have you in the jam, man! Good luck!!!

Hello!  Our team is excited to jam! Is there any chance that there can be a discord for people to chat as the jam gets closer?

Host

Yo TTBS (Terry The Bodacious Skeleton)

That's a good idea man, I've actually never setup a discord server but this might be a good excuse to do so!

(+1)

Its extremely easy and also helps the jam look much more Official having an official discord in the description.

Host

Alright, I finally got the discord up and going feel free to drop in: https://discord.gg/yMdMFFT

Hey I’m new to game jams and looking to get stuck in and making some games. Been doing it on my own for about 8 months. I work in the day so is it possible to still participate just working on the jam during evenings and weekends?

Host

No prob! In fact speaking of getting the weekend- I'm actually planning on revealing the theme this Friday (4/27) to give everyone a little head start on the jam; even though it technically starts on May 1st. I hope that helps and to answer your question, that's what game jamming is all about; squeezing in time to work on your game a.k.a. cancelling all your weekend plans so you can lock yourself in your room and make games! ;)

Submitted

How many can we be in a team?

Host

Hey Headax, looks like you've assembled a good team together on Crowdforge! As far as team size goes, I had initially set the limit at 4 but then I realized a team size limit isn't a requirement (on crowdforge) So now it's open to any size!

Submitted(+1)

Just joined, can't wait to get started :D

Host

NICE! Glad to have you in on the action!
And feel free to start anytime :)

Submitted

ah, ok! I was under the assumption that we had to wait until tomorrow, good to know otherwise!

(+1)

This looks super fun! Time to start brainstorming...

Host(+1)

YES! I'm hoping everyone's had luck so far with getting ideas for their games, I've got a good feeling you guys are gonna make some awesome stuff!

As it turns out, the hard part is picking WHICH idea to go with! "Cult Classics" is such a fun and open-ended theme that so many interesting possibilities come to mind. I think I've got it narrowed down now, though, and will start posting updates on my progress once there's something to show. 

Just a question, if we're talking about cult classics then do we have to pick something that's a "classic" or otherwise "old" or can we pick anything with a cult-like fanbase and isn't mainstream? I've gotten a few ideas for my game but many of them are inspired pretty recent games...

Host(+1)

That sounds good to me! I think anything with a cult following works just fine and I'm excited to see what it is ;D

Submitted

Hi, Im Mo. Joined the jam a bit late. but still optimistic on submitting a game before it ends. I'm doing this jam on the back of Ludum Dare #41 because I thought my entry was unsatisfactory and I want to have another chance. Good luck to everyone.

One question, is it appropiate to post devlogs on the community feed?

Host

Yo Mo! Thanks for jumping in on the jam and your timing is perfect! And it seems like we’re getting a handful of LD#41 jammers crossing over (although I should mention, this jam was totally planned before their theme dropped- sort of a crazy coincidence, I think) Anyway, to answer your question, I’m actually not sure of what the standard is for posting devlogs on the community feed. But, I personally don’t mind- I might start a main “Devlog” section and then just post replies (to your own post within the main devlog) to keep it nice and concise. What do you think about that? Let me know, I like your idea!

Submitted

Yes, that'll be a great idea. In that way, I think it encourages people to share their progress, struggles and achievements.

Host

Actually, just start a new post for your own devlog (I think that will be more organized in the end) sorry for the back and forth on this and I'm glad you brought it up! :D