Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Implicit requirements?

A topic by Zaromachian created May 08, 2022 Views: 102 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(1 edit)

Hi! I just joined the Marvellous Heroes jam, but before I commit to coming up with a game concept, I need a few clarifications.

- Can the game be about the Marvel universe specifically, does it have to be? The same question goes for any other IP.

- I assume that the game doesn't absolutely have to come with a default setting, but if it does come with one, does said setting have to be the usual kitchen-sink universe based on the real world? Or can we get a bit more creative in that department?

Host (2 edits)

If you’re going to use copyright material without permission that’s on you if you get a C&D. I think this would just be for paid content, if it’s free then you might get away with fair use or some sort of fan content excuse. Important: IANAL.

Otherwise go wild: Chicago’s Amiable Borough Aracno-Boy, or Townsville’s Uberlad.

Host

Regarding setting details that’s also up to you. Do you want to build a setting to go with PC hero mechanics? Great! Do you want to leave that to the players to create as they play? Also great! Different tables have different ways of playing and not every game will do everything for everyone (which is sort of the point of this Jam on a way)