Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

We love the smell of ideas in the morning

A topic by Mammut RPG created May 08, 2020 Views: 230 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Host(+1)

Feel free to comment with the first ideas that came to your mind, right after reading the objective of this edition!

Submitted(+3)

Ulysses. Because no myth is better than a Greek myth,  and I like the idea of a map made day by day on the journey back home.

Submitted(+3)

I have been kicking around an idea for a GM-less Firebrands-type game with spies in Cold War Berlin even before this jam started, and once the objective of having two different maps dropped I figured I might have a physical map of the city with its different sectors and neighbourhoods and a relationship map of some kind to reflect the relationships of the intelligence officers and agents.

Submitted(+1)

NIce idea! You think to use real maps of the city or to create your own? Because in the first case it will be very "expandible" just with a set of maps!

Submitted(+1)

Good point! I haven't quite decided yet, but probably will use a real map as basis for it.

Submitted(+2)

Greta and I are working on a game about two children of different worlds who fight a common menace, grow together and learn to love each other. And, maybe – who knows? – can mend the fracture between the two worlds.

I’m loving this premise and what we are doing together, even if it’s not simple to put everything in the right spot. But – hey! – it’s game design!

Submitted(+2)

Hi Daniele!
You're right, it's not easy to make two brains think together. But I'm very glad to join the Jam with you!

The hardest part so far is to use the two maps as a crucial ingredient of the game.
Moreover, we have to decide whether to draw a proper map, with pencils and stuff, or just to create a simple sheet to fill with spots and writings while playing.

As you already know, I'm not keen on drawing, and I'd rather have a simple, even almost bare map.
In my opinion drawing similar but different stuff can be dangerous. The risk is to focus on the drawing part, and to overlook the story and the game itself.

Nevertheless, I am honoured to work together with you. I'm just a beginner, and I'm learning from the best!

Submitted

You are too kind to me. I’m enjoying working with you very much, even if I hate you because you don’t want me to draw things. 😜

(+1)

I finally get to sit down and think about my game. Tradition dictates that I can organize the jam on condition that I have no time to participate.

Anyway, this year I’m thinking about writing a game for creating maps for use in other games, a sort of collaborative tool. It will be called Tabula and players will participate in the creation by filling in thematic maps of the same territory.