Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Thank You for this Jam.

A topic by Yubs created Apr 28, 2019 Views: 326 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 8
Submitted(+3)

With the final hour upon us, I would really like to say thank you for hosting this Jam. I used to think of Game Jams as mainly just a programming idea, but this really showed me all of the possibilities that can be done! This was a fun Jam to participate in, and I really enjoyed seeing the submissions and creative game concepts thrown out there!

Submitted (1 edit) (+1)

Agreed, really enjoyed this jam! Been going through submissions at the last minute to give out some ratings to some games that don't have too many. They've given me some ideas for map games I'd like to make in the future!

Submitted

This is wonderful! Thanks for you kind words. Remember, even if the rating phase is ended, (I suppose) this community will remain active. We can still use it to talk to each other about our games and our playtest phase.

Submitted(+1)

100% Agreed. I've found some fantastic games and creators through this jam and I'm looking forward to seeing more from them in the future.

Submitted(+1)

I really loved the contest and the community. I called for some help at last and people started reviewing our game... that was nice and it doesn't happen very often ^^ 

Thanks to everyone for their games and ideas. It's always awesome to see how far people can get with paper, pen... and a map ;)

Submitted(+1)

Thanks so much to everyone for making this such a beautiful jam!! This was my first rated jam, and it was so cool to read through as many games as possible to see how people interpreted the prompt.

Submitted(+1)

I also want to thank our gracious host and my fellow jamming designers! This was a really fun jam and I hope to return to another Mapemounde offering another year.

I feel like the rating system worked well to activate the community in providing feedback to each other’s games, and it felt to me like the community really rose to the occasion and provided thoughtful and considerate criticism and good encouragement. Really pleased with this whole experience.

Submitted(+1)

agreed. im not a very competitive person, so i was a bit wary at first, but i found there was just a lot of offering help and feedback. i got more eyes on my game for this jam than the other two jams i joined!

Submitted(+1)

Too bad I hadn't time to vote at all (due to the many holidays in Italy between Easter and May 1st). Thanks to everyone who wrote and reviewed, and much more to the organizers. The game jam was very interesting. Hope it will be replicated. :)

Submitted (1 edit)

Our intention is to organise a new edition of the jam for the next year. Stay tuned!