Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Highway

A topic by Mammut RPG created Apr 09, 2019 Views: 187 Replies: 7
Viewing posts 1 to 5
HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+3)

I'm trying to work on an idea I had this morning. It's a map-game about a territory crossed by a highway (or a communication road) that took many years to build.

The first phase of the game is dedicated to creating the two points connected by the road (for example, two large cities) and to defining the individual sections of the road (built at different times). The second phase of the game, instead, is dedicated to adding elements to the sections of the road (i.e. residential areas, commercial areas, individual buildings, landscapes). Each element will be linked to a story, which will be told by players. And so on.

I don't foresee a real endgame. I also want to write a mechanic that allows two groups of players to use one of the two points (starting or ending) of a previous game as a starting or ending point for the current game.

โ€“ Antonio

HostSubmitted(+1)

Submitted

It seems a good start! Now you just have to go on with the design. ๐Ÿ˜‰

HostSubmitted (1 edit) (+1)

I finished writing the first phase of the game, which is the preparation. Now I'm going to write the second phase, which is called "The Passing of Time". I also improved the sketch of the table, which allowed me to "view" the game and make some design choices.

โ€“ Antonio

Submitted

I liked the first hand drawn version more. ๐Ÿ˜‚

HostSubmitted

Yes, I never dobted that... :P

โ€“ Antonio

Submitted

You only say so because of my passion for handwritten fonts. ๐Ÿ˜‹

HostSubmitted(+1)

The Highway is online! https://mammutrpg.itch.io/the-highway

โ€“ Antonio