Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

SITREP of our little game

A topic by Lemo created Jan 24, 2020 Views: 127 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(+1)

I'm sorry that we cannot finish our game due to the outbreak. One of our teammates had physical contact with a suspected infection and is now in standard quarantine procedure. I watched some footage from the Quarantine Zone, military forces are mobilized, train stations and airports are closed, public transporting systems are shut down, emergency medical teams are standing by 24/7. 

Lots of doctors and scientists outside the city have volunteered to get in the Quarantine Zone at the risk of their own lives. Almost everyone who works in the quarantine zone gave up the opportunities to unite with family on the lunar new year and refused to leave the city since there's a possibility that they carry the virus. On this most important day for Chinese, I hope my friend and all my people will come through this situation.

I will share our idea with you, although we cannot finish it. Our game was supposed to be a tower defense game with the traditional Chinese art style. The towers are actually kids with firecrackers, and the monsters are all come from ancient Chinese mythology. The game is based on an ancient story which is the origin of 年(Nian, the lunar new year). You can refer to this wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nian   to know more. 

Since the towers in this TD game is actually kids instead of, well, towers, I think they must have different characteristics. I designed a series of characteristics and when a "tower" is instantiated, it will randomly pick one from these characteristics. For example, a kid may be afraid of darkness and must be placed near a lantern, another kid may be the monitor in his class and will inspire all nearby units, etc. As a result, some times placement of the towers will turn the tide of the game.

Perhaps we will finish this game after the jam and, well, the quarantine. For now, I will enjoy my holiday and at the same time, enjoy your games. 

Host

We wish you the best. If you do finish the game or return to it, share it here. We would love to see it.