Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Small team looking for a programmer (3d artists are also welcomed!)

A topic by GabeMalk created Oct 19, 2023 Views: 117 Replies: 1
Viewing posts 1 to 2

Hello! My name is Gabe, I'm game designer and musician, and together with a friend of mine that does 3D modeling and animation, we want to make a game for the jam, but we still need someone with programming skills for the team.

Our goal is to make a chill ps1-like dream exploration game, where the player is transported to different dream scenarios through the use of medicinal herbs. Each herb/combination gets you to a different - or slightly different - dream, and there are little puzzles and snippets of a bigger narrative in each dream. Ultimately, you have to put the pieces together and "solve" a final puzzle. This is the basic idea, but we aim to let the game develop organically throughout the process of making it, welcoming both the more abstract and psychedelic concepts to the more concrete "gamy" elements that may come

We intend to make this game in our free time, so we're not aiming to make something huge or ambitious, and we're ready to adapt as the jam progress. We also want to incorporate the skills and creative vision of everyone that joins the team.

If you're a programmer (or artist) and want to join us, please respond to this topic or send me a dm in discord (@gabemalk).

Cheers!

Submitted

Hi Gabe, I'm a C++ Programmer and Artist. Im also looking for a project to work on in my free time, My discord is physicalliquid :)