Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Absolute Beginner Looking for a Team

A topic by imoimoi created May 16, 2023 Views: 368 Replies: 21
Viewing posts 1 to 8

Hello! I am someone who has never made a game, but wants to give it a go. I mainly use R and bash now, so the learning curve will be steep for me. However, I am eager to get started and should anyone be okay with including me in their team, I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

I mostly work with Twine… I’ve really not played with R previously. Been somewhat interested. I thought I had a team at least sort of a team. I do have experience with Godot and Ren’Py as well. Any idea as to what sort of game you might be interested in making?

I mostly work with Twine… I’ve really not played with R previously. Been somewhat interested. I thought I had a team at least sort of a team. I do have experience with Godot and Ren’Py as well. Any idea as to what sort of game you might be interested in making?

Hey! I'm trying to learn Twine for a job actually, would I be able to chat to you about it a bit? Might be nice to do a future jam together, sorry I saw this way too late.

I thought I had replied to this… But I’m not seeing it. Absolutely up to talking about it. Spent the day working on the current project, with lots and lots of learning to be had. Which I am thinking… “Yeah that’s what this is about,” but somewhat frustrating that I spent a huge part of the day trying to get something to work the way I would like it, to turn around and go… “Nah that’s been too much work, so I’m going to change to doing this another way that might be easier” and dang if it wasn’t practically trivial.

Thanks a ton, it is appreciated, my Discord is im#6327 :)

I think you can find me in the Jam Discord chat fairly easily…

Submitted
I'm interested in participating in the jam, but do not have any others to work with at the moment. I taught IT for 20 years, so you can say I'm ok with working with people that have not a lot of experience. I have done a number of jams over the years.

Hey, how's it going for you? Sorry I saw this just now, would be very down to exchange Discords for future jams, if that works!

Submitted

I have made a start on an idea that I have had for a while now, so things are going well.  No worries about seeing the message late.  I did not see your reply until now.  I only jump online every few days, to busy with living int he real world to spend all my time checking what is happening online.  I happy to exchange discords for future jams.

Cool, mine is im#6327

Hi. I also have some experience in Godot. IF you want to DM me, my dc is R9_#1995.

Thank you! I shall :)

Jam Host

Hey,

If you are up for it, then I can teach you how to create something small like Pong - maybe with fireballs - to release on Linux.

Just to be clear. You'd create the game, I'd focus on being available for questions and solutions, and letting you learn how to implement them.

I don't mind if you say you are interested, but then change your mind later. This is non-committal. Maybe you'll find a team and you prefer that.

I have also worked with R, so I might be able to answer from questions relating to the transition from it.

Hey, that sounds great, would it be possible to do that outside the game jam setting at a slower pace? Thanks much for the kind response and offer!

Jam Host

Hey! I've been thinking about this and yeah, let's try to see if we can work together!

Just focus on the jam for now, and we'll talk after

Jam Host

Hey! I tried adding you on Discord

replied!

Submitted

I know the jam already started, but I'm making a bash-related game. Let me know if you're interested in case you haven't found a team yet.

I'd be interested :)

Submitted

Hi. Since Monday I didn't touch the jam and before that I didn't know you answered. Sorry :(

Hey, thank you all for responding, I really appreciate it. So sorry, I didn't get notified on my email, so didn't log in and check, but will know to do taht hereon.