Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Since when is a LGBTQ Writing Contest under the same category as Game Jams?

A topic by DeeJayDemon created Oct 02, 2018 Views: 250 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 6
(2 edits) (+1)

Its kinda like me starting a cooking contest on a video game Reddit page.

So why is it on itch.io? I may be mistaken but this is a Game Jam platform. There's much better places for these kinda things correct?

Game Jam - A game jam is a hackathon for video games. It is a gathering of people for the purpose of planning, designing, and creating one or more games within a short span of time, usually ranging between 24 and 72 hours, and some even longer. Participants are generally made up of programmers, game designers, artists, and others in game development-related fields.

Traditionally, game jams focus on video games; however, board games have also been the subject of game jams.

Want to make this clear. im not trying to offend any LGBTQ members or anything. I just believe you may have found the wrong place.

Host(+1)

Since itch.io has a section for books

(2 edits) (+1)

Of which was created to be focused around gaming. Which is why majority have some sort of liking to gaming or game development in them. It makes sense to create a games storyline off a book aswell. So are u going to make an LGBTQ game during a game jam or something? 

(+1)(-1)

There have been writing jams in the past. There's plenty of non-games content on itch.io and that's good. It's good to have diverse content. There's no rule that the jams have to be games related.

Host(+1)(-1)

Also it's fun & not hurting anybody