Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Why?

A topic by wakagi8915 created Mar 11, 2023 Views: 222 Replies: 3
Viewing posts 1 to 4
(-8)

Is this reason why we have trash everywhere people keep supporting making actual garbage? If so, what a great way to disrespect communities, developers, and show how actual little effort and care goes into a project.

Host(+10)

Hi! Game Development is not just about producing masterpieces, but also about having fun and improving. It's a hobby like any other, and some people choose to develop games just because they think it's fun to do. This Game Jam was made as a safe space for those who are interested in Game Development, but are too afraid of getting judged for not making games that don't live up to other people's expectations.

Hope you enjoy your day! :)

Submitted(+6)

I think this is a great idea for a Jam. Personally I've needed some drive to get something going and this was an amazing first step... sure my game is pretty terrible but you know what? I got it done and submitted - for me, and I bet some others out there, that is a win -.

What I find more disrespectful is making an anonymous account to post a negative comment and then disappear.... of course maybe I'm wrong but that's sure how it looks from this side of things. 

(+2)

and besides all the reasons given by Tór and Hadeshorne... playing lame and senseless games can also be genuinely fun? and it's really nice to see what beginners can do given a safe space with no hard expectations. get a life, wakagi