Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Late Submission - The Cursed Track

A topic by Dealman created Aug 23, 2020 Views: 207 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 2
(-1)

Ran into some issues with packaging my project just minutes before the deadline, so figured I'd post my project here if anyone's curious about it. I joined the jam after the 24 hour mark, so didn't have a lot of time to work on it - but for the few hours I did invest, I think it's pretty average.

Project:
The Cursed Track

The project was meant to be an infinite runner, track itself being "cursed" - thus an never ending experience for the racers. I wanted to make use of most of the tiles in the Racing Kit but there was a lot of adjusting I had to do for them to work with a 3ds Max & UE4 workflow.

It does however feature multiplayer support, you can join a friend of yours via connecting to their IP(may be some NAT related issues) - alternatively play solo as well of course.

Controls:
WASD - Move around
Space - Handbrake
R - Reset vehicle to last valid location
P - Display vehicle physics debug

If anyone's interested I'll probably upload the source to showcase how I stitch these pieces together and how I decided to modify the meshes.

Features I Wanted to Add:
More Tiles
Multiplayer Chat
Lobby System (level generation is entirely deterministic based on a seed, so you can re-use seeds and get the exact same generation)
Tweaked Physics

Submitted

I wonder if a higher overall mass or more aggressive gravity would improve time on track, easy to launch right now :). Maybe add a collider plane a ways below the car that when contacted will reset vehicle to last valid location for you.

Hey! Yeah, the vehicle physics need a lot of improvement, wheel collisions are very jank. Also didn't have the time to tweak the collisions for the vehicle, so it's a small box that doesn't entirely cover the car.

That's a good suggestion! :D