Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs

NEWS: Waiting on results??? :/ Sticky

A topic by radHABiT created Oct 19, 2018 Views: 1,821 Replies: 66
Viewing posts 1 to 22
Host (11 edits) (+1)(-1)

Hey everybody, thanks for all of these excellent submissions. Sorry for the delay on the update- I'm not quite sure why the results aren't showing up? I'm unable to view them on my end as well... I'm contacting itch support about this and hoping they get back to me soon, I suppose this is just par for the course for what has been a fairly unorganized jam (which is entirely my fault) but thank you for being so patient and awesome about the whole thing, you all have been simply incredible amidst all of the madness! Hopefully, I'll hear back soon- hang in there and I'll let you know as soon as I hear back. Sorry and thanks again everyone!

I don't have Paypal but if I win a prize, can you buy me Game Maker Studio (Desktop) on Steam instead of a prize?

Host(+1)

Sure! Thanks for bringing that to my attention, winners that don't have paypal... We'll have to definitely figure out an alternative payment method!

(+1)

Thank you!

Hi!! just wondering if there is a disscord for the jam, or a place to try to find / make a team :)

yea, a discord server would be helpful. Have u guys done this before?

Host

Good point guys! I was just thinking about getting the discord going for this ;) I'll let you know as soon as it's up!
Thanks for all your interest in the jam, everyone! It's getting bigger than I expected (100+ participants whoo-hoo!)

Thanks!

Host

No prob and thank you!

Hey, is there a way you could pay to my patreon account instead of my itch.io account?

Host

Sure, that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks Paper!

Thanks, actually i think i might have a paypal. A suggestion, maybe contact the winners and ask them before you transfer the money

Host

Thanks everyone for the involvement (and for keeping me on track ;P )
I got the discord going, jump on in ya'll: https://discord.gg/kUNQwPn

(+1)

Host(+1)

Haha!
Saulo_audio you made my day :D

Submitted

dayum i was lookin forward to jammin this weekend- oh well guess i gotta wait a couple months- oh well thx for the update

Could you delay it until the summer? That would make it a really good jam

Host(+1)

Haha! I'm afraid that everyone would hate me if I delayed it again ;P
But actually now that you mention it Paper, that's a dang good idea! And considering how many people have joined this one (and how awesome everyone has been) we might just have to have a "July Jackpot Jam" after this! Anyway, I appreciate your enthusiasm it makes this all worth it!!!

Ok, yeah you're right. But I don't think I'll be able to be part of it unless it's during mid summer. Cause I have school and then family coming early summer

Maybe you could hold votes for different things on a website like https://www.strawpoll.me or https://strawpoll.com < preferable that one

Host

Well Paper- I guess, for better or for worse due to some issues- your wish has been granted after all! Anyway, I hope the new date works for you and I hope you decide to join ;)

Submitted

just wondering when will this big update be? thx

Host (1 edit)

All the info should be up May 1st (but it shouldn't be any later than May 2nd) I'm still working out the extra details.
Sorry for the wait, thanks for being patient and for staying interested!

Submitted

k thx

Will the theme be announced or it can be anything. I already have  great idea for small game.

Host

There will be a main theme for this one (announced at the start of the jam) and there will be some "bonus" themes for a little extra credit too! Thanks for your interest and hold on to that idea, you never know- it might come in handy!

Submitted

hey your discord serve is a mess right now, do you wanna help fixing it?

Host

Oh no... I was worried about that, I'd been meaning to jump in there- You might be right Galo, I might need some backup!

Submitted (2 edits)

the place is a complete mess right now, some guys are griefing the serve, men and some other guys are trying to keep it organized, a griefer is screwing it right now, please just enter there and fixs the permissions, a lot of users there are getting quite frustated with constant griefing

Host

Aw shoot yeah, let me hop in there... I'm terrible about the discord stuff, it's an awesome platform- I just never use it :/
I appreciate the heads-up Galo, time for damage control! 

Submitted

ok i can help you fixing that place if you need help

Host

Galo you are my HERO!

Submitted

thanks bro

Submitted

hey can foregners go on the jam? like brazilians and french?

Host

Heck yeah! They can totally jam, everyone's invited :)

Submitted

Hello, radHabit. I am just curious if the "rad" in your name is short for 'rapid app development' and if you program in radStudio, the Delphi programming environment. I'd love to connect with another Delphite if that is, in fact, what you are.

Host

Haha! Just a coincidence but maybe I should give radStudio a shot- if not for anything else but namesake! ;) 

Oh well, there goes my participation to this one. I'll be in Turkey during the jam. Good luck and have fun to all the jammers.

Host(+1)

Sorry Sl1ngShot,
If I survive this, I'll probably be hosting another one after (NO DELAYS :/ )
Anyway, have a great trip to Turkey and I hope to see you next time!

and the dates changed again? (just by a few days this time, but still, lol)

Host

Shoot yeah, I was trying a slightly different start date... Actually, I'll probably end up going back to June 21st - July 7th, just so people can have the weekend to work on the games. But the jam will for sure stay in the end of June and the first week of July time-frame. You can bet on it! ;)

(+1)

i just requested my vacation time at work for that week so hopefully it wont change again 

Submitted

Hey, I have a little suggestion (you don't have to take it into consideration if you don't want^^)

What about having more winners if the Kickstarter is funded, rather than increase the prizes ? Like, if the goal is reached, having the 4th, 5th and 6th also win cash ?

I think it'd be nice since there is soo many jammers, but as I said you do what you want, this is just a suggestion^^

(and good luck for all jammers out there !)

Host

Hey, that's actually a pretty great idea! No big deal though, just KEEP JAMMIN'!!!

Submitted

YEAH YEAH x)

Submitted

please enter discord we need to talk about some stuff

Host(+1)

Yo Galo! Sorry I've been terrible about the discord stuff, I'm currently away still (for 4th of July celebration stuff) but I'll definitely jump in tonight. I appreciate your hard work!!!  

Submitted

it's really important stuff, do you have another mean to contact you, like email?

Host

Shoot! Sorry, I was in-transit today and I didn't quite get the chance to check discord last night but I just got back and I'll be jumping in now!

Are we sure we are going to have a judging panel instead of the classic judging by dev via itch.io?
I saw some statement of radHabit talking about a judging panel (and even Galo on discord confirmed this), but in the jam description I saw this in the Scoring section:
"(Just an fyi about scoring, there is technically no "Overall" category for this jam but the way itch's scoring goes, it will combine all of them together to find the winner!)"
And that seems to be the classic judgment of itch.io.

@radHABiT and @Galo are we going to have this judgment panel?
Because with money involved the risk of cheaters are very high.

Host

Hey lukaq,
I should've been a little better about communicating through-out the jam, sorry about that... In response to your question, unfortunately I didn't get an official judging panel together (I had a couple possibilities but didn't quite work out) as far as keeping the jam fair- I'm going to be overseeing the submissions to make sure they fit the criteria to be judged by the jammers (and removing submissions that are spam/suspicious in content) I think this will be sufficient in determining a legitimate winner (and of course the chosen winners will be investigated by me as well) I hope this answers your question, thanks for bringing it up as well. Much appreciated and good luck!    

Submitted

We are unaware as to how the Jam moderation tools work, however if they give you the ability to see who has rated the entry; it is important to look for accounts that have no profile pictures and no other activity on them besides interacting with that specific game. Or, accounts made very recently in general. As these are more often than not the ones created to inflate ratings.

Host

That's a great point Portrait Prophecies, I'll definitely be keeping a close eye over the judging. Currently, the moderation tools allow me to simply "remove submissions" however I bet your right about being able to view who has actually rated games as well (once the judging period begins, itch usually thinks of just about everything!) I appreciate the heads up and I'll keep that all in mind for sure. Thanks!

Submitted

In response to people who have made recent accounts or with no profile pics being able to rate, that logic only applies if anybody with an itch.io account has access to rate the entries. Because only people who submitted can rate, it will make things a whole lot more fair. I trust that all of us that submitted are pretty honor bound. Even so, entries with a lot of ratings NEED to be checked for all 1 star ratings. When people see that an entry has a lotta ratings, sometimes cheaters will rate 1 star so the entry doesn't win. I think we will be fine but I agree that moderations need to be in order.

Submitted

All entries in general should be screened for excessively low ratings; cross referenced with whether or not that game has received good reception otherwise, and if the rater in question is doing this consistently. Any game is susceptible to being sabotaged in this regard, and in fact it is games with less ratings that are more vulnerable; because their final result will be more heavily influenced by each individual rating they do have. The more positive ratings a game already has the less a minority of negative ratings will influence its score.

This is all only assuming however that itch.io allows the host to actually see individual ratings, and the ones who made them.

Submitted

Yeah. You cannot see individual ratings. You can only see how many ratings entries have. 

Submitted

Hey radHABiT, can you check discord again? I've pm-ed a q and there are people who have contributed to games and can't vote.

Host

Hey JUSTCAMH,
Sorry for the major delay and you are right- now that you mention it I should've allowed for contributors to vote on games, that was an oversight on my part. I should've looked into this earlier, thanks for bringing it to my attention- I'll see what I can do and let you know! 

Submitted(+1)

Hey radHABiT, voting’s over, could you please release results

Host

Hey again JUSTCAMH,
For some reason the results aren't showing up??!! And it's not giving me any info on my host dashboard either I'm not sure what the hold-up is? I'm contacting itch support now to see if they can fix this. Hang in there and I'll let you know what I hear back!

Submitted(+1)

Some news about the problem ? Did the tech support helped you ?

Submitted(+1)

hey redHABiT, when are the results going to be released?

Submitted(+1)

Anything new?

Host

I haven't heard anything yet, still waiting... Sorry everyone- thanks again for your patience! 

Please could you personally check the games. I'm sure many people just put all 1 star, it's not fair ....

I think the results are unfair.