Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

About this 750 word limit.

A topic by WatcherDM created Jan 19, 2024 Views: 230 Replies: 8
Viewing posts 1 to 7
Submitted

I went a little ham on the map part and have 70 rooms all populated and ready for layout. But I am already at 886 words and will probably add a few more here and there. How strict is the 750 Word Limit? Image included to give sense of scale.

image.png

Host

We have editing and layout after submission, so we can make yours fit. Your map is awesome!

Submitted

I'm sure I'll see it when it's submitted, but I'd love to get a sense of how you managed to get that many rooms so terse. That's a completely different level from what I managed to do, paring down 11 rooms + wandering monster tables and referee background to 750 words with great difficulty. I'd love to see your key and learn from it.

Submitted

It’s up; it’s around 900 words now. Had to get in there and take out any fluff.

Submitted

Ok. So i am actually submitting a spread. So no limit for spreads makes sense.

Submitted

I didn't even think to do a word count on mine...hope it's alright.

Submitted

It certainly is, I think the word count if for those submitting text with no layout or text with no map.

Submitted

The word limit is the biggest issue for my submission. I've been removing words and cobbling together sentence fragments to make everything fit the 750 cap!

Submitted

Mine is also way over the word limit, but only because it's written like a modern book. If there's a different way to format the information, I'm happy to edit.