Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Some questions

A topic by LapaMauve created Feb 07, 2018 Views: 337 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 4

Hi,

Congratulations, your event seems really cool.
However, I have some questions:

1 - Could I use my own private framework which is closed source? Well, most of the well known io games does not really use a public repository framework so I don't get why we are forced to use such tools? Also modd.io is not really open source, isn't it?

2 - How will you be sure we do not start the project right now? In a game jam you don't usually make any money so we don't really care , but as is the case in this event, will you do some checks? A solution could be to ask people to stream the event?

3 - It's related to the first question, but do we need to release the source code of our game?

I would love to participate to such event
Kind regards,
LapaMauve

Host (4 edits)

Hey, I'm happy to hear that you're interested.
It's our 1st IO Game Jam, and we're still learning. To answer your questions:

1. As long as your game runs in a browser, it's fine.
2. For this jam, I'll leave it to our judges to determine whether it's a fair entry or not.
3. Open-source isn't required. However, I get the feeling that the judges will appreciate open source submissions more.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear your feedback on this.

(2 edits) (+1)

Thank you very much for your answer.

For the point 2, I would suggest you to provide a theme, a subject or a word like the most other gamejam do. Maybe for the next event?

I can't wait to start this event!

hey um add faster boss bear because he is pretty slow and um add a whole new season which is summer add giant bee boss baby bee pets ducks  squirrels and add areas in seasons for example summer has a pond area (has lots of ducks) and forest area (has bears skunks and add birds) one more thing can i help you develop taming.io?

Hi can you block the user in taming.io "ThaPotato" he stole my account.

Thank u

Hi can you block the user in taming.io "ThaPotato" he stole my account.