Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles

HELP - How do I upload my files?

A topic by spenn created Mar 26, 2018 Views: 293 Replies: 16
Viewing posts 1 to 4
Submitted

I can't figure out how to upload my files to the create game page. Every method I try doesn't work. I'm using Gamemaker Studio 1.4 Standerd Edition. No matter what I try it doesn't work.  Please help.

Submitted

It needs to be the right file type. How did you export the game?

Also, why won't it let you upload? Is it telling you you can't when you try or can you just not find where/how?

Submitted

In gamemaker I created a Single Runtime executable application. When uploaded on itch.io's create game page, neither  downloadable or HTML "kind of project" worked. On my game's actual page it would either say "This game is currently unavailablee" or tell me that something went wrong.

Submitted

A single runtime executable application may be used once, so that would not work. But I see you switched to compressed application. That should work. I don't know why it isn't giving you your game's page. If it keeps on not working try making a new page.

Submitted

I've made a application as a compressed application.zipped file, but how do I add the index.html?

Submitted

HTML files cannot be created with Game Maker unless you have the HTML5 Export. If you don't have that, a compressed .exe file will suffice. Your viewers will just have to download.

Submitted

Thank you!

Submitted

Ur welcome!

Did you get it uploaded on time?

Submitted(+1)

OKAY -  7 minutes left and I think I finally got it.

Submitted

Awesome, your game is Tunnels, right?

Submitted

Well "Tunnels" doesn't work, but "The Tunnels" is my game and that one's my game.

Submitted

Wait... I'm bad at grammar

Submitted

Cool. My game is about Tunnels too "Tunnel Treasure".

Submitted

Ha! That's awesome!

Submitted

:)

Submitted(+1)

I don't know if I can reply to a review or not. I really appreciate the feedback. Zone 51 isn't really a attempt at making a game. Actually, the game is the result of me learning how to use Gamemaker Studio. I have already started to work on a new game that will hopefully be 10 times better. Thanks for the advice.

Submitted

Cool. I didn't even know you could see it was me who reviewed it! lol