Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Flower Snatcher

A topic by Sleeping Daemon created Mar 10, 2020 Views: 333 Replies: 4
Viewing posts 1 to 5
Submitted

Hello everyone! I am making a simple game of going around collecting different types of flowers and accumulating as many points you can with 3 lives. I am quite new to programming in Unity so I figured I would start small and have fun!

So here's a WIP 1 I posted yesterday on the discord channel.

Here's WIP 2 I posted today on the discord channel. 

The mechanics are almost done. I need to add the point and lives mechanics either later today or tomorrow. I will probably start on the art tomorrow as well so I am excited for that.

this looks awesome! 

Submitted

Thank you, Cody! 

So I did quite a lot today since I had a day off from work.  I finished up most of the mechanics. I also created a tile set for the ground as well as some animations for the player and the flowers. 

After testing and playing around, my wife and I felt that the game needs something else to make it interesting. Just running around grabbing flowers is kinda not fun after a few minutes.

Well here are the screens I shared on the discord channel.

Submitted

This looks great!

Submitted (1 edit)

Street Conference, thank you!

I want to thank the hosts of this game jam and all the other participants who have shared their game on discord as well as complimented on my updates! Without you guys, I probably wouldn't have finished this :)

This all started out with a simple idea and through out development, I made many changed that I wish I had the time to plan before starting. The architecture of this game underneath is a mess and because of this game jam experience, I learned so much that I will take this experience and learn from my mistakes.

So here are some of the updates I have shared on the discord channel. 

Tile set complete

Until the next one! :)