Play gameChop Squad!'s itch.io page
|Innovation / Experimentation||#4||3.469||3.800|
|Game Play / Game Feel||#17||2.556||2.800|
|Presentation (itch listing)||#26||2.556||2.800|
Ranked from 5 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.
Judge feedback is anonymous and shown in a random order.
- A really cute game that's fun once you get the hang of the controls. Advice: the open/close chopsticks response is too slow/laggy, so I recommend making it more responsive
- Unique idea and very competitive! The thing that is holding this game bad at the moment is the controls. I would have used the scroll wheel on the mouse instead to open and close and steer the hand with the mouse as well. That way it feels more direct and it can translate the arcade feel more.
- Fun party game with lots of potential. I like that you could customize the hand. The music was great.
- Chopstick up! Time to fight for food! I really think you have managed to create something neat, simple and fun to play with friends if possible. I personally never managed to play it against someone, so I sadly didn't experience the chaos that you have intended. The premise is great, use chopsticks to grab more food than the opponent, while performing shenanigans and sabotaging for one another. The artstyle is cute, colorful and with the foods looking crisp, and the special foods looking adorable. As I didn't play it with someone, I have a limited way of providing feedback regarding the gameplay itself. As for what I can give feedback on. The feedback for when consuming food, and when you pick up the power up. Make sure to add lots, and lots of feedback for these things, the clearer things are, the better it is! Particles, sounds, UI elements, anything that can clarify for the player what is going on. Overall though, awesome job guys! You've made a game during special times, be proud and keep making cool games! Keep it up!
- Very fun! I'm glad to see someone using the trigger sensitivity in a creative manner. The art style is clear and quite appealing. Great feedback when "squishing" things. Overall satisfying and to play, and tricky in a fun way! The "powerup" didn't feel very satisfying though, and somewhat non-interactive? What I mean is that it doesn't change how the player would spend their following moments of gameplay. For context, I only got the "make stuff gold"-powerup, so maybe there are more interesting ones I didn't get! All in all I had a good time with the game. Great job!
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.