πŸ€‘ Indie game storeπŸ™Œ Free gamesπŸ˜‚ Fun games😨 Horror games
πŸ‘· Game development🎨 AssetsπŸ“š Comics
πŸŽ‰ Sales🎁 Bundles
A jam entry

black_hatView game page »

Submitted by edgley (@edgleyUK) with 29 minutes, 40 seconds before the deadline

Results

CriteriaRankScore*Raw score
Gameplay#23.4693.800
Overall#43.2643.575
Graphics#53.1043.400
Sound#62.6472.900
Stability And Performance#83.8344.200

Ranked from 10 ratings. Score is adjusted from raw score by the median number of ratings per game in the jam.

Comments

Thanks for the feedback; if I do continue with this in the future I will take that in to consideration.

lvlark · 1 year ago

Gameplay was fairly straightforward, so could've been more to that. Sound was effective, but the constant ticking became annoying quickly.. The graphics are pretty much spot-on though.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I did intend on making the cracking an interactive puzzle but I just didn't have time. If I expand on this in the future, adding puzzles will definitely be the big feature. Also, did you find all the dev notes? There's 7 in total.

With regards to the CPU issue, I haven't been able to replicate it. Could you give me any more info on specs and distro your using?

pd12 · 1 year ago

Nice graphics for a terminal (window without borders woot!). Sound alright, with keystroke sounds. Gameplay alright, though a bit shallow and repetitive - can't expect much for a week though. (I cracked all the eml and log file servers lol, then discovered some more). All in all nice, but have to say, the game was trying to use all CPU power (75%+ with firefox taking the other ~25%) on my machine which wasn't good.

zerothis · 1 year ago

Only had 0.8 LOVE on Trusty.
sudo apt-add apt-add-repository ppa:bartbes/love-stable && sudo apt-get update $$ sudo apt-get install love
fixed.

Thanks for the bug report. This has now been fixed.

z3ntu · 1 year ago

Crashes when you press enter although you didn't enter anything.

stqn · 1 year ago

Unfortunately Gentoo only has love 0.8.0 out of the box. I’ll try to install v0.9 later…

Hey, thanks :) Yeah, Uplink was definitely a source of inspiration, though I didn't want all the visuals of it.

I debated adding pattern matching on most commands, but decided that get * might be a bit overpowered.

Neat, reminds me of Uplink; great work on the aesthetics and sound :) Didn't play for too long, though, the amount of servers and files were too daunting for this scrub; and to my dismay get * didn't work :P

This requires Love2D version 0.9 or later to run (for now).

Log in with an itch.io account to leave a comment