Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Hello . . Need advice from the Jam experts . .

A topic by jbb79 created Apr 09, 2020 Views: 425 Replies: 5
Viewing posts 1 to 3
(7 edits)

This is my first game jam ever, and I don't really understand what's going on . . I have learned a BUNCH of Godot recently, from some kinds souls, and there is another game jam, where they make scary games . . I would really like to talk to some SCARY game experts, as it is my favorite, and sort of join another jam, but the idea was to make a game that FOLLOWED CLEARLY the theme of this jam, and that also was scary, however it says IF one should do that, one needs to get permission from the jam makers, and I am not sure where to ask . .

It's not about being bad, or breaking the rules, don't want to, but really want to make a scary game, but also make a game in Godot, and I can learn that better here, so I'd like to join both jams, but a very nice person told me, that is breaking the rules, so I am asking for help, not sure what to do . . . I'd just like to make ONE game, that sort of had both themes, also the scary game jam sort of is only once a year, and it would make me sad to miss it, for an entire year . . The idea is, that I can learn Godot, and talk it a bit here, with the makers on this site, and then talk scary games, horror, with the ones on the other site, and get an even better experience, but I'm not sure, it said somewhere one had to ASK for permission, there's no ill will behind it, just a wish to join my affection for good horror games, with making games in Godot, my favorite engine, so fun . . .

Can you help, it wouldn't be about breaking any rules, just having more fun, a good time . .

Also, not sure if it is even smart to ask this question, not sure, have never held a jam myself, this is also my first, I want the best possible experience, without causing trouble . . .

ps. The scary game session is called ' SCREAM Machine ', it's once per year, then I could combine my love of Godot, and the theme of this jam, with making a scary game, and talking scary stuff, with people that enjoy that, as well, please help . .

:(( <3

I'm not fully sure, if I could get a permission, from the jam holders . . .

" This is an exclusive jam which means that entries made to both this jam and others will be removed unless otherwise allowed by the organizers (Stern Flowers). "

<3 <3 :D I just like scary games, but also Godot, and really want both . . . It would obey the themes of both, 100 %, please help, I promise . . .

(3 edits)

The result would be the same, and if the theme here is more like not-very scary games, I'd make a medium-scary game, to fit in with both places, something a teen-scary movie, ' I know what you did last summer ' or, ' Until Dawn ' ( teen scary game ), not VERY scary stuff, I hope that could be okay . . . . :D <3 Just wanna have as much fun as possible, combining my FAVORITE game engine, with my favorite genre, then I could talk gross, very scary stuff with the others, it's something I always wanted to talk about, not sure it belongs here . . . :(( <3 <3

:D <3 

I'll do what I'm told, no worries . . .

I would join discord and ask there.  Maybe DM a moderator or Bakenshake.  They'll either be able to point you to someone else or can make the decision themselves.

Not sure how anyone else would feel about it, but another option could be to join the jam you want and ask questions on discord.  Or even jump on the godot discord server.  There are lots of resources and people to ask.

Good luck!

Hello, I would have a small question about your game "lyre of truth", the mechanics of revealing elements thanks to an input interests me and I would like to know if it was possible to have access to your code
Cordially

I haven't made a game, yet, stuff is on my youtube channel, ' Jasper Brooks ' . . ? <3

Sure.  The source code is on Github.  Enjoy!