This jam is now over. It ran from 2020-07-10 19:03:00 to 2020-07-12 19:03:00. View results
This is a 48 hour game making marathon, focused on design, mechanics, and clever ideas. The jam runs from July 10th, at 8PM UK time, to July 12th, at 8PM UK time.
Who can enter? Anyone, of any age, from anywhere. You can work alone or in teams.
What is the theme? Out of Control.
What can I make my game in? Anything, provided you can upload a file that runs on Windows or browsers.
What assets can I use? The vast majority of code must be written during the jam, but you can use whatever art and audio assets you have the legal right to use.
Who will judge the games? Games will be judged by the public. Mark will then play the Top 100 games and pick his favourite 20. All of the results will be revealed when this process is over.
What will the games be judged on? Games will be ranked against the following criteria: fun, originality, and presentation.
Is there a Discord I can join? Yes! Click here to gain access.
- You may participate in two jams at once if they happen at the same time and your game will fit both themes.
- Games submitted to the GMTK Jam must not contain nudity, or hateful language or visuals.
- You may make a VR game, but consider that few people will have the tech to actually judge your game.
- You can support other platforms (such as Mac and Android) if you wish, provided there's at least one Windows / browser build
- Your game cannot require additional software such as an emulator, or a game like Super Mario Maker 2, Roblox, or Dreams.
- You may re-use some small bits of code, such as controller support. Use your best judgement, as mods will not be able to advise you on this.
- Anything you make during the GMTK Game Jam is your property. GMTK claims no rights or ownership of your game.
- Any game submitted to the GMTK Game Jam may show up in a GMTK YouTube video without your express permission.
Want to see past winners? Check them out here.