Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

You are all amazing. I really loved this community and I'm going to cherish the times we had together

A topic by barret232hxc created Aug 12, 2019 Views: 316 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted(+8)

I have never been so engaged in something like this. I know this is only my 4th game jam, but the sense of community and the bonding I had with other developers within this community especially the discord, has been the greatest reward of all.

I am kinda old , 35 years old to be exact. And this gamejam has honestly been one of the best times of my life. I am a very shy introvert and often don't really hang out with many people in real life. But for a short period of time I got to hang out and engage and converse with a group of individuals who all love games and love making games. Many whom this was their first time making a game or participating in a game jam.

I even got to meet someone from another discord totally unrelated and we collaborated together and they did the music for my game. This was their first game jam and that was just really amazing to me.

I got to witness fanart being made for games, and just such dedication that wasn't owed to anyone but was done out of kindness. I just really felt like I could relate with people and bond. I seriously loved every moment of it. 

I got to watch people on stream give me feedback live. I had another dev do an entire playthrough video giving me really good feedback. I had tons of amazing feedback in the comments for things that I totally would of never known without such feedback. 

I would stay up late in the evening to spend more time with everyone, to be involved. I really have't felt this kind of feeling in so long, and I am even getting teary eyed this moment writing this post. 

Thank you everyone so much for all the fun times, all the amazing games, all the support and encouragement to help one another improve. 
I know not everyone is happy but if it means anything,  know that you really made an impact on me and I will cherish this moment forever.

I Love you all very much

Submitted(+1)

You're incredibly sweet, Barret. It's been wonderful jamming with you! I hope your future game dev endeavours (like with the to-be hit game Calorie Defenders ;^)) go really well for you, you deserve it, buddy.

(+2)

As your random accidental composer, let me say you were a complete joy to work with and to interact with after in the jam chats!

Watching people support each-other and get excited about each-other's games just reaffirmed for me how awesome the game dev community is, and how glad I am to have found it even if like you I'm a bit on the older side. This has been a seriously eye opening and world broadening experience (I know that sounds over-dramatic but it's true) and I can't wait to do it again and see what you do next.