Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How many games should I be rating? And how many ratings should I expect on my game?

A topic by nubitoad created Aug 09, 2019 Views: 200 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Submitted

I wonder if your game cover photo and name plays a role in how many plays you get. Mine sounds and looks very boring :D

(1 edit)

Nope... its simple give and take over here... keep in mind here we are dealing with fellow game developers not gamers...both of them values different things, there mind works differently and have different set of objectives. 

A  gamer might be fascinated with cool icons, screenshots, images, trailers but a game developers is more into learning game mechanics, inspirational art style, takeaways from bad and good games. 

Especially here,  if you want your game to be rated... you need to play that of others, rate, leave feedback and politely ask them if they can try do the same... As simple as that.... 

I've played yours and rated... all the best... post more of your game link in the community....

Submitted

I think the cover photo and name does affect it to some degree (I think you have a good name; it's nice and to the point). The best thing you can do is to post here (like you did!) and rate and comment on other people's games.

As for how many ratings you should be expecting, I don't think that's really the point (not a good metric to judge a game by) but... the median yesterday was 8 according to someone and the mean is currently 15. Keep in mind that there are a few games pulling that way up (there are a few with over 100 rates) and there are other games that still only have 1 rating.