Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Postmortems Sticky

A topic by Games Jobs Live created Jul 26, 2021 Views: 141 Replies: 2
Viewing posts 1 to 3
Host

What has been the hardest challenge for your team? How did you overcome it?
What did run smooth? What are your takeaways?

Tell us about your Game Parade experience!

Submitted

For our team it  was getting used to same platform(with version controls and game engine) as Our artist was new to unity and animations and programmer has little knowledge about GitHub. We tackled it by communicating and sharing the knowledge :)

The whole game making experience was very smooth since we had a clear idea what is our final goal and  everyone in the team pushed themself to achieve it.

Few takeaways: Time & Team Management, Contributed on other things apart form the work I was assigned and at last it is the people I met and worked during this Jam :)

Submitted

For my first jam I was actually surprised at how few issues we had regarding teamwork!
A lot of the time unfortunately most of us were busy with life, school or work, which lost us some time, and time zones made communication a bit challenging, but we dealt with it well and got along really well! 馃槉
I can tell it definitely pays off to have a dedicated and friendly team, as even if you have the technical skills, that won't get you anywhere if you can't work with others!