SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

How are your games coming along so far?

A topic by GamingPlus28 created Jul 29, 2022 Views: 735 Replies: 62
Viewing posts 1 to 24
Submitted

Talk about progress here if you like.

Have a basic idea with a crude prototype I may follow, but I did come up with a few viable ideas :)

Submitted

I quickly had an idea and it's coming up pretty well so far. I hope this will be as easy as it is now, but we all know that problems always arrive at the end 馃槄

Submitted(+1)

I got a simple game so far. But I don鈥檛 really want to share what it is right now. Don鈥檛 really want people to take my idea

Submitted

I saw the Game Jam and thought would be a good way to get in and learn the software. I waited for the theme drop video, and then got my art style, title, and style of game I wanna create.  after spending the last 10 hours working on this idea I am dropping. the software can not do want I would like to do for a game. 

(1 edit)

What is it you wanted it to do?

Submitted

My first idea was to make a clicker game, but there is no way to have Money in the game engine with commas and decimals; after spending hours online researching the issue, there seems to be a convoluted why to get decimals, but not comma. So, then I changed from using dollars to "gold" so just one big number, but then there is no way to get a timer to work offline to make money...  so, I scrapped the idea, and dropped out since I don't have time to come up and develop a new idea and implement it.   It was wrong of me to try to begin with as this is the first time I have ever used this software,  but after hearing it is so easy to learn, I thought I could quick teach myself basics and get something out.

Submitted

I don鈥檛 remember if there is a block to do this but if you can read the date on the computer you can just save that and for when they log on again you can just compare the new time and old time and give the correct amount of money.

Submitted

Already leaving xd

Submitted

what made you want to quit?

Submitted

My game was just not going well, and I was finding the theme hard, along with this it was my second game ever, so I was really new to game development, and struggled alot, especially with the theme.

Submitted

maybe next time

Submitted

Yknow, I actually might retry. Maybe a bullet hell game with your pets attacking

Submitted

Yknow, I actually might retry. Maybe a bullet hell game with your pets attacking

Submitted

Why did you comment the same thing twice?

Submitted

Did I? Oops.

Submitted

lol

Submitted
Deleted 121 days ago
Submitted

I have made a game before using this engine. And the way you do collision is by using the collision block as the condition and the seperate block as the output. if this makes no sense then look up a tutorial on youtube or the wiki.

Submitted
Deleted 121 days ago
Submitted

well at least I tried

Submitted
Deleted 121 days ago
Submitted

My very first game jam, gdevelop is the first ever game engine I'm using(let's say I gave up on unity after 3 days of learning). Really dope, making a game about my orange tabby cat named archie...

Submitted

I also gave up on unity then switched to g develop

I am making a 'space' shooter, but instead of space you are in a little bottlecap in a dirty sink.  Thinking it will be a wave shooter?  IDK.   Still working on controls and movement.  But as for the theme, depending on what companion you take with you, your missiles will behave differently.  some will be slow but powerful, some will be fast and weak.  one will act like a land mine, etc.  so, you are incentivized to try all the different companions .  Thinking of 3 waves, with 30-40 enemy's to a wave. After you beat the waves (different themed levels) you can try to escape down the drain and the sewage pipe to freedom.  Will be a short game, but hopefully not TOO easy or too hard.  

Submitted

I don't think im committed enough to do this. my gamer only has 3 levels so far and barely anything else done.

Submitted

I took a 3 day break(l actually procrastinated), then had somewhat the motivation to finish my game. it's only been 3 weeks since I started learning gdevelop5. If I can do it, you can too mate. 

Submitted

Thanks for the motivation. might do something tomarrow. but my lack of work may be due to me not being good at level design. especially platformer puzzles.

so far so good,  i making puzzle platformer, that yoi control two entities at the same time, you and your companions, is it fit the theme? The companions there for obstacles and giving you direction. Feel free to recycle that idea.  I would like to see how different you take that idea. No audio yet.

Submitted

I have had a similar idea, I am wishing to seeing how you carry it out!

Submitted

I also have a similar game idea, but you control the characters separately.  

Submitted

oooohw... I JUST started...
I'm Animating my main character today...

Submitted

Is that a sketch or the final character?

Submitted

Heej GamingPlus28!

it started off as a sketch.. but I kinda liked it.. so I build my style around it...

the game is looking like this now:

Submitted

wow, thats cool. What is your game about

Submitted

Yo GalliumElk!

It's about two befriended aliens,.. and one of them really wants to eat a Hamburger.. so they need to escape a space-station...

Submitted

Cool. Love the style. Good Luck.

Submitted(+1)

thanks man!

Submitted

i like the story pretty funny. plus i like the style. but i think the glow would look better if you use use a glow effect instead of a light object.

Submitted

Thanks man!
I didn鈥檛 use a light.. is a simple sprite with a blending mode.. haha..
Thanks for the tip though, Tomorrow is my final day.. just going to see if it makes the fine-tune list haha..

Submitted

I kinda regret my idea now. bad at level design.

Submitted

Same, but i found a way

Submitted

Just submitted my game. Know i'm definitely not winning, as you would know just by trying endless mode. on my game

Submitted

This is my second game jam and game.  Our game is going well. 馃檪

Submitted

I think the idea is going well, only I doubt that people will like it, besides, I don't know much English and doing the dialogues is difficult 

Just Started

Submitted

good luck with the shorter time

Thank you, I'll make sure its quite great.

Submitted

Nooooooo

Good luck, I hope you have enough time to make something at least small to participate

Submitted

Fortunately I'll finish by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow in the worst case

Submitted

for me.. Today is fineTune and AUDIO DAY!!! 

Submitted

What does that say on the pc. all i can read is bob and burger

Submitted(+1)

here it is..  my "epic" title screen.. ;-)

Submitted

nice

Submitted

Thanks man!

I'm done BTW... 

well.. that is..

I'm looking into mobile controls.. If I can get it to work.. I might update it.. >_<

Submitted

I tried adding mobile controls to my non game jam game and it was hard for me. but you might do better.

Submitted

Yeah man.. it was surprisingly easy for this game... soooo mobile support is also done for my game!
But, I can imagine that your game is way more difficult with the different characters and stuff!

Submitted

I am also done. and next time im choosing something i feel more comfortable with. lol

Submitted

DUDE.. I'm playing your game now.. gotto say.. pretty sweet!! :)

Submitted

Thanks!

This Jam has been fun! These are some of the assets we have created for our game.  What do you guys think?

Submitted(+1)

Looks very Chinese like

(+1)

Hi there

I uploaded my game "Happy Paws" last night (00h00 South African time). Wish I had a little bit more time to do some touch ups. Hopefully all the mobile controls work ! Unfortunately I can't work on it this morning...as I work shifts. I really put some long hours into the game. Hppe you guys & girls like it.

Submitted

Might play it tomorrow

Submitted(+1)

Just released mine :)

Submitted

Got mine submitted and had a blast participating! First time making a game! It's a simple game, but it took me the full amount of time to learn Gdevelop from zero and make the project, and I still didn't finish it fully.  I've never coded a thing in my life,  but Gdevelop really made it easy to put the pieces together to get something playable. Really made me appreciate how much work goes into making a game. Good luck to everyone!