Indie game storeFree gamesFun gamesHorror games
Game developmentAssetsComics
SalesBundles
Jobs
Tags

Music for your real GB ROM.

A topic by Yogi (Tronimal) created Oct 04, 2016 Views: 1,256 Replies: 9
Viewing posts 1 to 9

If you'll ever need music or sfx for your gb-ROM, I maybe could help out.

I do music with gb tracker (and others) which is able to put out z80 assembly data.

Here are some examples, if you want to hear.

My latest release came as a gameboy cartridge, the free ROM version could be found here. (Could also be found on gamejolt)
http://tronimal.de/hello_world/

My musical collection on bandcamp.
As download or as a stream.
https://tronimal.bandcamp.com/

Submitted

Sadly I'm only at GBDK level so far but your tunes are really great :D

Thanks! :)

Maybe I can figure out how to implement this asm music data in gbdk.
I know that it can be done. I'll take a look at this later.

Submitted

You have some really cool music!

Thank you!

[@ Refresh Games: Did not figure out yet how to implement with GBDK so far, but I'll continue trying today!]

Would it be ok to ask for music & sounds as mp3/ogg/whatever for GBJam PC version of game with the z80 files available for potential future porting of the game to true GB?

Am listening to your Bandcamp page now. The tunes are very cool. :)

Submitted

hey i'm making my game in Game Maker, i'll send you a build of the game and if you like it i'd love it if you made a track or two for it!

i'm not very into the technical aspects so i'm not sure if my game would be 100% game boy, just want you to be aware of that.

(1 edit)

Thanks everybody for your interest!

@ Refresh Games: Found the information i was looking for, but I didn't get it to run now. Seems to be a bit different on various GBDK versions.
I'll learn how to make music for GBDK (and maybe directly in C) until the next gb jam. For sure! :)
Would be fun to make some C stuff. I always like to learn something new.

@ Carnivus: That's not really what I am looking for.
If I'd like the game a lot I'd do, but I think might get a bit hard until the deadline. Cause I have to work the next two days. Sorry.
If you just need some sfx, maybe I could do that on sunday.

@ Indiana-Jonas: That's not what I am looking for as well. Kind of - like what I said above. But I think there are tons of people that can do "wav/aiff/flac/mp3" chiptunes you could grab from.

Submitted

@Tronimal that's cool, GBDK is a little weird in some versions also!

I'm attempting to make a simple online music maker which outputs code to GBDK C (in a copy-paste, it works) method. It'll be really basic but might prove handy in the future :)

@ Refresh Games:

Sounds fine. I already found two different methods to implement music.
But if you do that simple music maker, I'd really love to take a look at that. :)